Can I run Team Fortress 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to upgrade my crappy dell dimension 2400 computer, and I really want to play tf2. My system specs will be:

Windows XP

1272mb of ram (I know, weird number)

nvidia geforce xfx 5200 (256mb)

Intel Celeron 2.4 ghz

System requirements Minimum:
1.7 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 8 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Internet connection
Recommended:
Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1 GB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Internet connection

You can google stuff like this its alot quicker response.

Hey chops369

I suggest if you're gonna upgrade your pc you don't upgrade to an Intel Celeron. Personally, i don't think its the best processor to run games with. The Pentium or an AMD would be best with regards to gaming. Also, try getting a graphics card above a GeForce 6600....

Spyder_1386 :)

Spyder, the Celeron is what came with the computer, and the best upgrade you can get is a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, which, while it's an increase, I don't see as being worth it. If I were you, and you were looking to get into gaming at all, then I'd go with a complete build saving the HDD, DVD Drives, etc.

For $600 I just built an entire PC(already had monitor & hdd)from parts I bought on newegg. It's able to score over 10k on 3Dmark06(on XP, no OC'ing done)and runs all my games(including TF2)on max settings @ 1920 x 1080. The reason I'm mentioning this is to show what can be done on a budget so if you want some advice for parts/complete build, let me know. If you already have some parts and/or can't afford to spend 600, then I can probably put together a list of parts that will cost less and still be able to run TF2 and other new games very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back