TechSpot

Can I run Team Fortress 2?

By chops369
Apr 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am going to upgrade my crappy dell dimension 2400 computer, and I really want to play tf2. My system specs will be:

Windows XP

1272mb of ram (I know, weird number)

nvidia geforce xfx 5200 (256mb)

Intel Celeron 2.4 ghz
  2. xXxZxXx

xXxZxXx TS Rookie Posts: 107

System requirements Minimum:
    1.7 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 8 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Internet connection
    Recommended:
    Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1 GB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Internet connection

You can google stuff like this its alot quicker response.
  3. smu122

smu122 TS Rookie Posts: 70

4. TPK

TPK TS Rookie

might as well get a whole new comp :O
    CPU+VIDEO CARD+2GIGZ RAM
  5. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

Hey chops369

I suggest if you're gonna upgrade your pc you don't upgrade to an Intel Celeron. Personally, i don't think its the best processor to run games with. The Pentium or an AMD would be best with regards to gaming. Also, try getting a graphics card above a GeForce 6600....

Spyder_1386 :)
  6. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

Spyder, the Celeron is what came with the computer, and the best upgrade you can get is a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, which, while it's an increase, I don't see as being worth it. If I were you, and you were looking to get into gaming at all, then I'd go with a complete build saving the HDD, DVD Drives, etc.
  7. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

For $600 I just built an entire PC(already had monitor & hdd)from parts I bought on newegg. It's able to score over 10k on 3Dmark06(on XP, no OC'ing done)and runs all my games(including TF2)on max settings @ 1920 x 1080. The reason I'm mentioning this is to show what can be done on a budget so if you want some advice for parts/complete build, let me know. If you already have some parts and/or can't afford to spend 600, then I can probably put together a list of parts that will cost less and still be able to run TF2 and other new games very well.
  8. shadowmansm

shadowmansm TS Rookie

Should be but you will have to turn the graphics down...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.