Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a newish laptop

Intel Duo T7300 2Ghz
Geforce 8600m GS 256MB
2048MB DDR2 Ram
160 GB SATA Hard Drive

Windows Vista.....

Vista = ****e for gaming :( all my direct x 9 games fps lag like god knows what.

So, is it possible, and safe to uninstall Vista, and install a fresh copy of Windows xp Home Edition

My parts of my laptop will work with xp ???

or will my new laptop not work with WIndows Xp ?

Thanks for any help

Regards,
Harry

Format Hard Drive, Install XP. See if you can put all the drivers for your hardware on CD first. No reason it won't work.

BE WARNED: XP doesn't have all network drivers etc which is why I say get them on CD first. Else you may be stuck without internet connection etc and no way to get drivers!

Laptops are not great for gaming unless you spend a lot (and then its nowhere near the quality of a desktop), so this might not solve your problem!!!

Hey, i did this spur of the moment last night on my Gateway notebook.

Vista really pissed me off so i formatted and didn't look back. Luckily some of the Vista drivers worked on XP but i still can't get an ethernet driver, Gateway only has Vista supported on their site, kind of disappointing.

My system is idling at with 31 processes with 620 or so Megs of RAM free compared to the same number of processes idling at 300 megs of ram in vista. no lie huge difference , XP will definitely run beautifully especially on that beast :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back