Cannot connect to the internet

Hi, I cannot connect to the internet. I've tried many ways that was mentioned on youtube, replaced my ethernet, I have Norton - so I called them, I called my internet carrier - who said the router was fine... can anyone help please. I am taking a on-line class that I've downloaded onto my PC and with projects pending. Thank you any help would be greatly appreciated !

More details are going to be needed. Is this a laptop that you want to connect to the router wirelessly? Does “replaced my ethernet” mean that you cannot connect with a cable either but that you know the cable itself is not an issue?

Need OS & version, type of ISP connection {cable, dsl, satellite}, make/model of your modem and/or router.

THEN provide the output of IPCONFIG /ALL

It's a PC, its been connected without issues for a while. I know its not the router because I have another PC connected to the same router and we have no issues getting on to the internet. The error I get is unidentified network and no IP address. My Norton and firewall are working fine, yet I noticed when this problem started that my desktop icons were not in the same place. I get one flashing light on the ethernet connector, the connector for the other PC shows two lights on.

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating sys, Fios Actiontec router M1424WR Rev. 1

Media state...Media disconnected

Did I understand that multiple systems CAN connect but only your system fails?

I was hoping for all the output of the command - -
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt

the copy the contents from myTCP.txt and paste that into your follow-up :)

To obtain the info jobeard is asking for you need to click on the Start button, bottom left of screen, and in the Search box type cmd. Double click on cmd.exe when you see it and that will open up a little program into which you can then type

ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt

I'm wondering if this "I am taking a on-line class that I've downloaded onto my PC" is when it started.

You might try uninstalling norten. It is very good at causing this very problem. Just un install it then reinstall. You should get your internet back

Back