Cannot delete favorite from Favorites Bar in IE

By cosrocket
Jan 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I am having this problem in Internet Explorer in Windows 8, but I have also had the same problem with IE in Windows 7. I have a favorites folder in my IE favorites bar that I cannot delete. When I right click on the folder in the favorites bar and left click delete, a window pops up with the following message:
    Could not find this item
    This is no longer located in C:\Users\MyName\Favorites\Favorites bar. Verify the item’s location and try again.
    Try Again Skip Cancel
    When I had this problem quite a while ago in Windows 7, I googled it and found a way to delete it that took several steps, including some cmd prompts but stupidly I did not save it a now I cannot find it.
    Does anyone know the process to delete this? I have no idea why this particular folder that I named tech is giving me this problem. I have had no problem removing other folders from the favorites bar in IE, other than this one. Thanks.
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,561   +184

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.