TechSpot

Cannot find enough video memory

By Harry_Beast
Oct 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just installed a BFG GeForce 5500oc in a P3 667 WIN98se system.I loaded up Grand Theft Auto--I got the "Cannot find enough video memory " message!
    The computer barely makes the minimum requirements of the card.The previous was a GeF 6800 32mb.
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

The pc sounds waaaaay to old for the job, what version of GTA is it????
  3. Harry_Beast

Harry_Beast TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 76

Hi Rik I've been really picking your brain lately!!
    The version is GTA VIce City It was previously running on this machine .I talked to a BFG techie who told me it was a power supply problem.I have since installed a 300watt.He said my machine should run the card no problem.(Ya Right!$#@?)
    I reformatted the hard drive previously and everything was running with the old card.
    I also did the video test in my Diablo utility,it said---"No Video modes Found"----Download latest DirectX--which allready had been done--but I did it again anyway!
  4. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

Make sure you have the correct drivers installed on the system.
  5. Harry_Beast

Harry_Beast TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 76

Problem solved!! I downloaded the latest service pack for my MOBO chip set--That did the trick!!Thank you all for all the advice!!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.