Cannot get on Web ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

deseraligears

have recently not been able to log on web that is the router serches but that it it keeps serching for internet connection!!! When I went into computer info I noticed that
my ip address is all zeroes! So how do i get it back and regain internet . have a connection but it is not allowing me to access. its a Dell Insprion .
1701 How did this ahppen and what do I need to do Comcast is ISP. Thanks as always

I would start by calling Comcast and having them verify that they can ping your modem from their offices. The next step would be for you to look at the Router admin screens and see if it is communicating with the modem, receiving an IP address, etc. Once you have seen that those two devices are working properly, it is time to check the settings on your PC, make sure that DHCP is enabled, etc.

internet

Would have been possible to somehow erase or corrupted my IP address if so how would you restore? Thanks as always

At your own risk

* Go to the Start Menu, type cmd and right click or (Ctrl + Shift and hit Enter), and select "Run As Administrator"
* Type the following commands, each followed by pressing enter.

o ipconfig /flushdns
o nbtstat -R
o nbtstat -RR
o netsh int reset all
o netsh int ip reset
o netsh winsock reset

Or another helpful command:

* netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

insoman said:
* Type the following commands, each followed by pressing enter.

o ipconfig /flushdns
o net stop "DNS Client"
o net start "DNS Client"

o nbtstat -R
o nbtstat -RR
o netsh int reset all
o netsh int ip reset
o netsh winsock reset

Or another helpful command:

* netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
seems many forget to also recycle the DNS Client service

ip

Thanks did command no connection and when in my computer signal strength good no Ip address showing 00 00 00000 is what it shows thoughts?

ip

heres what I get when as reason for problem "the IP address lease 0.0.0.0. for network card with address 011 etc has been denied by dhcp server " 192 etc
(the DHCP server senta DHCPNACK Message)
next question does Microsoft active sync 4.0 have anything to do with this????

your router should be acting as your DHCP server - Check this. Check to see that you have unchecked the address option for you network card - go to properties of network (LAN or whatever you are using) under networking click configure under the network card then advanced - you should see it in there. active sync shouldn't effect it but uninstall it just to be sure.

ip

Thanks but cannot seem to find the lan setting you describe I did go into network connections and there was one uncheck for adapter 1394 since I am not at my wireless location I will not know until I get home let you know thanks

deseraligears said:
there was one uncheck for adapter 1394
this is the Firewire adaptor, not the Ethernet :(

get your device manager
right click My Computer->manage->Device Mgr
expand the [+] Network Adapters​
the 1394 will show up --- what else is there? Any yellow/red marks? if so
you need to get the driver for that device

IP

ok again thanks ,
in device manager the following
1394 Net Adapter Dell Wireless ok
1390 wlanminicard ok

here are the other devices
Basic System Device x 3 yellow question mark
Erthnet Controller yellow question mark?
video controller yellow question mark?
(vga compatible)
infared devices serial cable using irda protocol yellow exclamation point thanks

Silly Question but have you attempted a simple reset there will be a button or pin hole to push and then tell the router which ISP you have i.e. Tiscali, BT etc using your setup info and password you got off them to reinstal it. My Router forgot where it was and who it talked to during my rewire and this fixed it.
good luck

you need the device drivers for all yellow question marks or exclamations. download the newest and install.

Thanks can I download from tech spot saw a fix at the downloads the seemed to have the answer ! From Mark ?
Thanks as always I owe you a beer !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back