Cannot watch shows recorded with ATI All-in-Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

I record all sorts of shows with my All in Wonder, and they used to all work, no matter how long, or the size of them. But now I can only watch the shows that seem to be less than 1 gig. When I try to open any of the larger shows with WMP, or ATI File player, they freeze up. Now I can watch them in Irfanview, but they are very very laggy and unwatchable.

Does anyone know a way to fix this, or a way to get around it? I was hoping I could catch up on some shows.

My system specs are in my profile if you think they are important.

I think I've heard of some recording "size-limit bugs" with different versions of ATI's multimedia center.

I might suggesting using the latest, or different version.

Also, perhaps using a different format will make a difference. You should have the choice of recording MPEG, AVI or Windows Video. I would play with those formats and see if the problem spans to others as well.

RSB, There is plenty of space, and I defragged just a few weeks ago, but I will give that another shot to see what happens.

Rick, I have the most recent MMC software. I have played with a few formats, that is how I think I know of the 1gig size limit, but it might have just been that it was the format that made the difference. We'll see what happens after trying the current format, because it worked with my most recent, but not the last 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back