TechSpot

Can't access certain sites

By Monkey_2003
Mar 30, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I have been having a problem accessing certain sites from my computer (I am using the latest version of Firefox and running XP, service Pack 2). I have tried adjusting the MTU with no success. I know these sites are being updated as I've searched them in google and seen glipmses of the updates. So the sites haven't closed, it's defintiely something wrong t my end. Anybody help?

This is my HJT log:

Please help!
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

You`re running an outdated version of HijackThis.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread,

Regards Howard :)
  3. Monkey_2003

Monkey_2003 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry about that. I've attached the latest log and am grateful for any help.
  4. howard_hopkinso

I can`t see anything nasty in your HJT log. However, you didn`t rename HijackThis_v2.exe as per the instructions, so it`s possible something is hiding from HJT.

Can you give me an example of a website you`re having problems accessing? Also, when did the problem start?

5. Monkey_2003

I can't really remember whent he problem started. Maybe four-six weeks ago. One of the sites is this one:

http://rapidsharelinks.org/
  6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,408   +314

find a list of problem sites -- this one is registered, has an IP of 66.197.47.65
    but does not answer to a ping, telnet, ftp, and neither to http.

site is down!
  7. howard_hopkinso

jobeard is absolutely correct. The example website you have given, is not working.

8. Monkey_2003

OK, thanks for letting me know and for all your help.
  9. Jboman

Jboman TS Rookie Posts: 35

Tracert

ran a tracert on the ip host is unreachable after 14th hop.
    15th hop destination is unreachable.

Site is definitely down and out.

When was the last time you could access this site?
  10. Monkey_2003

Last time I accessed the site was about a week and a hlaf ago. There's another site that I can't access from my home computer but I can access from work. That seems starnge. Will I need to conact my ISP about that?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.