Cant boot with a USB Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThugLife

Pretty much just what it says- I'll have it plugged in USB, and when I go to start up, really early in the boot process, itll just stop, and restart over and over again until I put the usb cord in the adapter that I have sitting in my PS2 slot now because of this

It's minor, but I need the kb to be in USB for a game I play and the way my computers gonna need to be set up after I go back to college is going to make it extremely irritating to have to access the back. The thing i dont get though is once I log in, I pull it out of the ps2 and into the usb port, and everything's just fine

I tried going in BIOS under integrated peripherals and enabling USB keyboard and mouse support, but that didnt change anything (it still let me switch it after log in even before I found that bios feature)

Any insight would be appreciated

it's going to work with your operating system, because that usb function operates regerbless of the bios's settings for USB boot. i advise that you try a different keyboard. there's probably a bios setting you missed, i'd double chekc that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back