Can't change icons in xp back 2 original

By kiyhkuj
Nov 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everybody :wave:. Thanku for all ur help so far and i hope u can help me on dis 1! well, I have win xp sp2 (AND VISTA!! DUAL BOOT!) and the icons seem to have messed up. Since I installed vtp7 (unistalled it) then installed brickopack vista, then uninstalled it, i can't change the icons back to normal xp icons again! :( Has anybody got any ideas on how to do this? Also, I have used loads of software to change icons but none seem to work and unfortunately when i installed the transformation pack i didn't make a backup file of shell32.dll file :dead:. Here's a thought: can you somehow post the shell32.dll file on the website so that i can download it?? if so PLZ do! thanku for any help in advance :D .
  2. Cerberus

Cerberus Newcomer, in training Posts: 57

hmmm.

Have you tried installing the file from your xp cd? You could also try the windows repair tool.
  3. kiyhkuj

kiyhkuj Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 125

Hi Cerberus. I'm glad you bothered to help me!! Unfortunately, i haven't got a xp cd as the xp OS was preinstalled when i got my laptop. Is there any other way or is there a tool I can download that can automatically do this for me? thnx for ur reply!
  4. kiyhkuj

Why isn't anyone answering??? :angry:
  5. kiyhkuj

Cerberus. I've just found the original shell32 file. How do i apply it to my system?
  6. kiyhkuj

Forget it: I solved my problem!! yey!! :D :grinthumb. thanx for ur reply anyway cerberus.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.