TechSpot

Can't change icons in xp back 2 original

By kiyhkuj
Nov 14, 2007
  1. Hi everybody :wave:. Thanku for all ur help so far and i hope u can help me on dis 1! well, I have win xp sp2 (AND VISTA!! DUAL BOOT!) and the icons seem to have messed up. Since I installed vtp7 (unistalled it) then installed brickopack vista, then uninstalled it, i can't change the icons back to normal xp icons again! :( Has anybody got any ideas on how to do this? Also, I have used loads of software to change icons but none seem to work and unfortunately when i installed the transformation pack i didn't make a backup file of shell32.dll file :dead:. Here's a thought: can you somehow post the shell32.dll file on the website so that i can download it?? if so PLZ do! thanku for any help in advance :D .

2. Cerberus

Cerberus TS Rookie Posts: 56

hmmm.

Have you tried installing the file from your xp cd? You could also try the windows repair tool.

3. kiyhkuj

kiyhkuj TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 85

Hi Cerberus. I'm glad you bothered to help me!! Unfortunately, i haven't got a xp cd as the xp OS was preinstalled when i got my laptop. Is there any other way or is there a tool I can download that can automatically do this for me? thnx for ur reply!

4. kiyhkuj

Why isn't anyone answering??? :angry:

5. kiyhkuj

Cerberus. I've just found the original shell32 file. How do i apply it to my system?

6. kiyhkuj

Forget it: I solved my problem!! yey!! :D :grinthumb. thanx for ur reply anyway cerberus.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.