??Cant connect from outside....LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

techuser

I installed VNC Server at work and then to test it installed Viewer at a computer. It worked fine ...but at home it doesnot connect & says "Cant connect to server"
I forwarded my work IP / port 5900 on the router. I tested in LAN ..workks fine but not from home.

My work IP is 192.168.1.x / Subnet 255.255.255.0 / Default gateway 198.168.1.x. This is the setting of the work computer and it is static IP assigned to my computer.

My home IP is 24.90.194.x / Subnet 255.255.248.0 / Default Gateway 24.90.192.1. I checked by ipconfig on CMD.

Can somebody advise me how to fix this problem
Thanks

Your work-IP is an internal local network-IP only.
Your work's company-IP is quite different. Ask your system-administrator for the company's IP and subnet-mask. This is what you want to connect to from home.

You might want to keep posting in the same thread rather then creating a new one for every question you have regarding VNC ( allthough you've allready asked this question & been answered HERE ).

Thanks Didou ....for reminding me...I just didn't realize as I was so tired after coming from work that I just wanted to post this question..
I understand ...and Thanks again.....!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back