TechSpot

??Cant connect from outside....LAN

By techuser
Jan 23, 2004
  1. I installed VNC Server at work and then to test it installed Viewer at a computer. It worked fine ...but at home it doesnot connect & says "Cant connect to server"
    I forwarded my work IP / port 5900 on the router. I tested in LAN ..workks fine but not from home.

My work IP is 192.168.1.x / Subnet 255.255.255.0 / Default gateway 198.168.1.x. This is the setting of the work computer and it is static IP assigned to my computer.

My home IP is 24.90.194.x / Subnet 255.255.248.0 / Default Gateway 24.90.192.1. I checked by ipconfig on CMD.

Can somebody advise me how to fix this problem
    Thanks

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Your work-IP is an internal local network-IP only.
    Your work's company-IP is quite different. Ask your system-administrator for the company's IP and subnet-mask. This is what you want to connect to from home.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

You might want to keep posting in the same thread rather then creating a new one for every question you have regarding VNC ( allthough you've allready asked this question & been answered HERE ).

4. techuser

techuser TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

Thanks Didou ....for reminding me...I just didn't realize as I was so tired after coming from work that I just wanted to post this question..
    I understand ...and Thanks again.....!!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.