can't delete file

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoke157

I downloaded a pic off of limewire.It is located in My Documents. I cannot delete, move, rename or view it. I have ran avg, spybot, registry cleaner, killbox, moveonboot,hjt and a couple more I can't remember and tried deleting in safe mode. nothing works. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and know how to fix. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Hello smoke ...I had a customer with the exact same thing as told to me by him he also got a Picture from limewire he couldnt get off ..after a lot of trial and error I finally got it removed by doing the following

1 : Make a new folder on your desktop called " My Documents 2"
2 : Go back to your original "Mydocuments " folder Highlight all your documents you want to keep
3: Transfer those file to "My Documents 2" leaving the "Bad" pictue in the original file
4: Rename original "My Documents" folder towhat everyou want (ie: bad docs)
5: Rename the "My Documents 2" folder to "My Documents"
6: Delete the old "My douments" (ie :the one you named "bad docs) and your done

Please let me know if this works for you as well ....Thanks :hotbounce

Raven Master
http://www.hostraven.com

Thank you very much. It wouldn't let me delete My Documents but it let me delete the file. Greatly appriciated!!!!!

I wanted to add other methods.
CRTL-ALT-DEL to Task Manager – Process – End ‘explorer.exe’ – then FILE – New Task (Run) – Type ‘explorer.exe’ – Try to delete the file.
You can also try to delete the file in SAFE MODE.
If you know your way around CMD you can isolate the file and then open CMD (end ‘explorer.exe’) and manually remove the file DOS style (even if Windows XP doesn’t technically have DOS).

Glad to Help smoke

peepnklown said:
I wanted to add other methods.
CRTL-ALT-DEL to Task Manager – Process – End ‘explorer.exe’ – then FILE – New Task (Run) – Type ‘explorer.exe’ – Try to delete the file.
You can also try to delete the file in SAFE MODE.

He already tried that as did I and it didnt work I tried several different options and none would work ..althought I didnt try the CMDline option..Guess I just didnt think of that one so thanks for that info

Raven Master
http://www.hostraven.com

Ok it's easy to fix!

This is going to sound simple, And it is. I hope you still have a floppy drive and a blank 4.5 disk laying around.

1) Simply isolate the files in a folder.

2) Cut and Paste folder onto floppy.

3) Remove floppy and discard.

Computers will move any data or file you tell it to but may not let it be deleted. Your PC sees your floppy drive as a virtual disk and will store information there as it will anywhere else on you master drives.

Please note you wont be able to delete folder from floppy once you copy it to it.

This has worked on numerous Pc's that I have had to fix. And never had a problem. Try it and see.

Lots of people download "Prison" files onto their pc and dont realize it untill they want to delete it. Be careful of lime wire. Lots of these files are downloaded everyday. They incorporate a reg editor to chage data strings and will slow your machine down or make it freeze often.

it should work.

Signed, 010101101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back