TechSpot

Can't get photos off digital camera

By mom26gr8kids
Apr 10, 2010
  1. For Christmas I bought my son a Digital Concepts Kidz Camera. it was only $20 and I did not expect it to be great, but he is not responsible enough for something nicer. Anyway, when we plugged it in at Christmas I got a message that said tehis device was not compatible. I have Windows Vista. However, this week I was finally able to find the driver online, I downloaded it and plugged the camera in and I did not get that message, so I thought it was okay. My son has now taken some pictures on the camera, but when I plug it in nothing comes up prompting me to download pictures. I also checked under my computer, but it does not show that any removable devices are plugged in, and when I checked in Picasa, and tried to import it the camera does not come up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get the pictures off my son's camera? Do I need to reinstall the driver? Or what other things can I do to get my computer to recognize the camera? This camera is made by the Sakar company and the model number is 98379.

Thanks
    Kendra Songer

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,373   +167

Unplug your USB storage devices and see this post for How to use the DriveCleanupTool. Give it a shot. Then replug the camera to see if it helped any.

/* edit */
    The tool removes all the USB drivers for all unplugged USB storage devices. Then just replug your USB devices for clean reinstalls. (Sometimes Windows "gets confused"

3. redwoo

redwoo TS Rookie

i just had a read of your manual on there site and it says you have to have there software in for the camera to see it hope this helps

4. gprsg

gprsg TS Rookie

I tend to go for a brand that seems to be supported well in general on the Internet. If you need some picture recognitions software try

Version 3 with REAL LEARNING (OBJECT IDENTIFICATION AND NAMING WHEN POSSIBLE) AND AUTONOMOUS LEARNING ALSO ANALYSIS INFORMATION IS SHARED OVER THE INTERNET SO THAT IT LEARNS FROM OTHER USERS ALL OVER THE WORLD.

http://www.generalpicturerecognition.com/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.