Can't get to OS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerwolff

Yeah, I finally solved all the problems I ran into with my first computer build, and got XP to install today. Problem is: now I can't access it! After the whole installing process was done it automatically restarted my computer, but after it was done restarting I just got this message:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information"

So I went back to my bios, and checked that it was in fact my "start up disk", but since this is my first build I really don't know how to troubleshoot this problem. And, when I tried installing XP earlier it kept on giving me a "cannot boot operating system" message as well, I finally got it to work, but I wonder if I have a bad HD or some such thing...I also tried using the repair 'software' on the install CD but it wouldn't even let me get to the CD, still gave me the same long message: "Windows could not start because...(blah blah blah - see above)"
I could really use some help, its taken me almost half a year to get this computer to work, and now its giving me even more problems! :(
Thanks for any help!

Nevermind, I got it. I bought a new HD and it worked just fine, I will be using my old HD as a "back-up" drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back