Can't input anything in input boxes/field

By monton
Jul 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have a friends computer that is doing something weird. I've scanned for virus with avg and spybot S&D. Comes up clean. Problem started after clicking on "something" that appears to have corrupted Juno. Now I want to create a restore point before removing programs and making changes to the system. When I try to name the restore point I can't get a cursor to appear in the input box.
    In Juno, I am able to type in the address field and the subject field. I cannot get a cursor to appear in the message body field.

I don't recall ever running into a problem like this.
    Any ideas? Where to start?

XP Home SP3
    AMD 2500+
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Use add and remove to uninstall Juno. Then start over.
  3. monton

monton TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 110

Hey Raybay
    I uninstalled juno but this seems to be with the OS as well. That is I can't input a name in the input field of windows restore.
    I uninstalled juno and then downloaded and installed again.

I remove it again and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Keyboard error? Or junk in the keyboard?
  5. monton

monton TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 110

No, keyboard is fine, can type anywhere else.
    The cursor doesn't display in the input field - like when a box is grayed out. It is unavailable for input.
    I started windows help and support and can't input in the search box. So, at this point, it seems certain types of input boxes/fields are disabled others are not.

Very strange

I will try to narrow the types of input fields that are disabled and report back

6. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

1) Instead of creating a restore point, how restoring to one already created and before the problem?

2) Have your XP install disks? Try doing a "repair install" operation which only reinstalls / tries to fix Windows files and settings (while not touching your other programs or personal file/folders as it may help fix the problem