TechSpot

Can't install Sims 2

By Moonbeamer
Jul 3, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey there, I'm having a problem installing my Sims 2 game and I was wondering if anybody could help.
    Its not new, I just have to re-install as I completely rebooted my system, but everytime I try to install, it would reach a certain percent and then display this message:

'A problem occured when trying to transfer the file "D:\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims09.package" from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?'

I haven't got a clue what it means, i've tried a load of things, but nothing seems to work, any ideas would be much appreciated :D

Thanks.

2. Neyla

Neyla TS Rookie Posts: 21

I had the same probelm. But it just means that you probably don't have enough space on your computer or speed on it(double-check!). Another reason is that you might not have DirectX 9.0 installed. Though it actually has a different message for that... nevermind. XD haha But I hope this helps. If it still doesn't work... I have no clue either. Wow, no help at all, right? Haha. XD

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.