TechSpot

Capt. Cranky, here's your avatar

1. Hi, Captain Crank!

I saw your post saying you couldn't find an old crumudgeon in an overcoat. Well, I took out my pencil and envisioned an old crank eyeing you suspiciously from the side and put my cartooning abilities to work. I have attached it. It is 70 x 70 pixels in a gif format. If you like it, it's yours for keeps.

My kitties, Boris and Bailey, are snickering at the cartoon, by the way.

Attached Files:

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,688   +1,878

Lo es Mi, Sin Duda........

Thank you so very much! I didn't quite catch on that this was it's own thread in time, and posted a more extensive reply here; http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic108211-2.html

I'm hoping that you don't have a "no derivative works" copyright on this, since I may try and design a version that's flipping the bird. That said, I would certainly save it only for the most special of occasions.

3. BorisandBailey

BorisandBailey TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 154

That's hilarious! You're free to do whatever you like with the cranky old character. I'll send the original files to your Techspot email drop. I discovered TSpot has those. Gotta have my morning coffee first, though. That way I won't accidently send other files instead.

4. BorisandBailey

Original large file, gif format

Here's a large version, Captain. I love the flippin' the bird idea. Well, heck, that's what old cranks do! Since Tspot takes just small files, I made a gif from the Photoshop file.

Attached Files:

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

Nice work indeed :)

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,209   +424

I literally laughed out loud.

7. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Spitting image I suspect

8. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

You are good at sketching BorisandBailey. How come your avatar is a photo and not a sketch of yours?

By the way, I do like your av as I like cats...in fact I am one myself. :)

9. BorisandBailey

Well, Bobcat, when I was thinking of an avatar, I was thinking of an image of my kitties, but had room for just one of them, so I chose Bailey. I love cats. But now that you've mentioned it, I think I might try making a cartoon of Boris and Bailey and using that as an avatar.