Capt. Cranky, here's your avatar

BorisandBailey

Hi, Captain Crank!

I saw your post saying you couldn't find an old crumudgeon in an overcoat. Well, I took out my pencil and envisioned an old crank eyeing you suspiciously from the side and put my cartooning abilities to work. I have attached it. It is 70 x 70 pixels in a gif format. If you like it, it's yours for keeps.

My kitties, Boris and Bailey, are snickering at the cartoon, by the way.

Attachments

• ava_captcranky.gif
    ava_captcranky.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 15
Lo es Mi, Sin Duda........

Thank you so very much! I didn't quite catch on that this was it's own thread in time, and posted a more extensive reply here; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic108211-2.html

I'm hoping that you don't have a "no derivative works" copyright on this, since I may try and design a version that's flipping the bird. That said, I would certainly save it only for the most special of occasions.

That's hilarious! You're free to do whatever you like with the cranky old character. I'll send the original files to your Techspot email drop. I discovered TSpot has those. Gotta have my morning coffee first, though. That way I won't accidently send other files instead.

Original large file, gif format

Here's a large version, Captain. I love the flippin' the bird idea. Well, heck, that's what old cranks do! Since Tspot takes just small files, I made a gif from the Photoshop file.

Attachments

• ava_captcrankylg.gif
    ava_captcrankylg.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 16
You are good at sketching BorisandBailey. How come your avatar is a photo and not a sketch of yours?

By the way, I do like your av as I like cats...in fact I am one myself. :)

Well, Bobcat, when I was thinking of an avatar, I was thinking of an image of my kitties, but had room for just one of them, so I chose Bailey. I love cats. But now that you've mentioned it, I think I might try making a cartoon of Boris and Bailey and using that as an avatar.

Back