TechSpot

cdr/ cdrw problems

By chris
Nov 9, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i had a cdr cdrw drive installed in my computer (hp ME) when i try to copy files i get a error message of "no supported cdr/cdrw drive" I can copy music files but I can't copy data (picture files) . The person who installed it hasn't called me back in 8 weeks. I think he forgot to give me the software disk for it. It's an {utmost internal eide cdr/cdrw drive. 52x24x52}

also when I try to load programs I get an error message of "windows installer
    unexpected termination" "the I/O operation has beed aborted because of thread exit or an application request"
    I would really appreciate any help.
    thanks for your time.

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Welcome to TechSpot

Tell us a bit more about your PC and what is on it (use my.TS.forum top-left)
    Do you have a program like Nero or EasyCD or the likes?
    With XP, some sort of burning software is included in the OS, in any others you need to install it separately.

3. chris

chris TS Rookie Topic Starter

cdr /cdrw problems

it's hewlett packard, ME, 766MHz, 64MB, 30GB, it has adaptec cd creator which goes with my sony mavica cd 200 camera and the guy just installed
    nero. i can copy music on nero but i can't copy pictures on either program
    thanks for the help

4. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Nero and Adaptec are mortal enemies on the same machine.You should commit to one program .Then completely uninstall the other (Nero has clean up tools,definitey clean the registry )
    You might find an Aspi layer issue when you are done the uninstall but both websites have tools to fix that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.