TechSpot

CDRW question

By lalaji
Aug 29, 2003
  1. Hey guys I hope you can help me out with this. I have a Sony CRX225E CDRW which says its a 52X burner. With closer inspection it says "18X-40X P-CAV" and 21X-52X CAV (turbo mode max.) What is turbo mode and how do i get my burner up there. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Lalaji

2. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 1,595

funny you should mention this, because I had the same question about this burner / related burners... and I finally found out, when I, get this, read the manual :)

Once you put a CD in the burner, hold down the eject button for five seconds. When you do this, the burner LED will flash... this indicates that the burner has switched from 40x Read/Write mode to 52 Read/Write mode.

You have to do this every time you want to enable 52x reading or writing, sony implemented it as a safety feature more or less. Anyways.. I like this burner, I hope you enjoy it too... and it DOES burn well at 52x. Have fun!

3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

Is this with all cdrws? maybe its why my friends wont burn :mad: His is an MSI CDRW....just doesnt wanna go. It'll read cds and all fine, just no burning.

4. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 1,595

I don't believe it is for all optical burners. To be sure check your manual or visit the manufacturers website.

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,373   +289

Not for all burners - check the graph I posted some time back of my LiteOn 52X.

6. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 155

So what you are saying soul, is that after i close the tray hold theeject button for 5 seconds? or should i just hold it down when i initially close the tray? Unfortunately i got an OEM version that was just the drive. No manual. Thanks for all your help!

7. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

8. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 155

Thanks guys. I really aprreciate it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.