TechSpot

changing tv format on nvidia geforce4 mx440 from ntsc to pal

By upallnightoo
Jan 1, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i just downloaded and installed the following nvidia driver {win9x_53.04} for my nvidia geforce4 mx440 and im wondering, does anyone know how to change the country tv format from ntsc to pal as the picture is black n white using the ntsc format.......no good when your tv is a pal......please...a working max payne 2 for the first person to conclude this problem
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

You need to switch over between NTSC and PAL, as well as between F-BAS (composite, mixed signals etc.) and S-Video/S-VHS
  3. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 375

A BIOS editor will include the option of PAL or NTSC on the tv-out.

I'm not sure which flashing utility you'll need, guessing a quick google search will give you what you want.

Simply edit your current BIOS and choos the tv-out format you want (PAL or NTSC) while leaving the other options alone...then re-flash the video cards BIOS, no problem....the directions are included in the BIOS editor readme

:)
  4. upallnightoo

upallnightoo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Thanks ive got it sorted now..........all help was greatly appreciated.....ok
  5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Anyone deserving the Max Payne 2?
  6. sander9997

sander9997 TS Rookie

just ignore this, problem solved, because it was working in the past I could - and did - solve the problem with a system restore...

(
    Hello upallnightoo,

Can you tell me how you fixed this problem? Or can someone else help me?

I also don't know how to switch the tv-out to PAL, I also have NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X (Actually ASUS v9180 magic (R2.00A) v43.45A), but that seems to be the same thing, Windows recognises it as the NVIDIA)

All worked well for years, I never knew there was the issue of PAL and NTSC, nor did I know if it was set properly in the past. But because of some other problem I installed other drivers (and unfortunately I didn't save the old one, nor do I know where that one came from, stupid stupid), and now I have black and white picture...

I can see with NVIDEO control panel, television setup wizard that it is now in NTSC mode, but that doesn't offer the possibility to change it.
    I also tried tvtool, that also shows it is in NTSC mode but the panel for selecting the mode is locked to NTSC.
    I don't fully understand the BIOS editor thing, I tried one BIOS editor but it didn't recognise my hardware...
    )
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.