Cheap WoW PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstedne18

Hi, I'm really bored, and my friends are probably going to get back into WoW. We live in Northern Michigan and have nothing to do.

Is there any way I can get a WoW system that runs pretty well for around $400? It doesn't have to be anything amazing or anything, just a WoW PC that can function half-way decently for around $400.

Is this imaginary? Or is it doable? I know WoW isn't the most graphically sophisticated game out there, just not a computer wiz who would know just how much needs to be put into a PC to play a game of that sort.

Thanks for the advice...

Yes they are around, but a good used IBM or Dell from some outfit that rehabilitates government equipment, such as pcsolutionsonline, has been a great source for us. Such places only have a 30 day warranty, but the value can be there.

It probably could be done, check the game's minimum specs then shop around newegg for prices and see what it all adds up to. You will probably want slightly better than the minimum specs though to get good play out of it

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/54...Ms7iwDDoA**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz, 2000MT/s System Bus)
Memory: 2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x1GB) (expandable to 8 GB (4 x 2 GB) (64-bit OS)/ 4 GB (4 x 1 GB) (32-bit OS))
Hard Drive:320GB 7200RPM SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) hard drive
Optical Drive: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive

The only down side is it has integrated graphics so you would probably need to add a graphics card

Hello

WoW does not take much to run at all. The biggest trick to WoW is to have a good internet connection.

But I guess the only question is, can you or anyone else you know build you one ?

If you can, $400 is do-able for a WoW machine if you already have:

A copy of Windows XP or higher

A Monitor that you would feel comfortable gaming with.

If not these two things are going to kill your budget....

Let me know and I will be happy to outline a machine for your needs....

Also

Are you in the Upper Pen of Michigan or just mainland northern ?

I live in Northern WI, I get to Kingsford/Iron Mountain often.

Well, I don't have an OS, I was hoping to find one that already came with one, but I do have a monitor. Still looking for something around 400 though....I live about 30 minutes from the bridge, so pretty far up there, but not in the UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back