check this!! and whats up with 3Dmark03

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrflex

I need to know whats wrong with my 3Dmark03 score it's very poor for the computer. the score was 2255, but then i tried overclocking my GPU it got i little bit better (2267). I dont know what could be affecting the performance but i dont want to do eneything with the CPU as it is running very hot at the moment. I will try overclocking more when i get some new mods, i'm putting a window in, a fan controller/temp monitor and an nother fan. Could somebody help, check the spec below.

AMD athalon 64 Processor 3400+ 2.4GHz
MSI mainboard model ms-6741 (dont know much about this)
Radeon 9800 128mb ALL-IN-WONDER
intergrated sound card
1024mb DDR-SDRAM

See if you haven't enabled AA or AF & also make sure Vsync is disabled before you run the benchmark.

Just to be sure, is it a Radeon 9800 Pro or a 9800se ? I know there are two R9800-aiw cards so I'm wondering which one it is you have.

AS your board is Via based, have you installed Via 4in1s allready ?

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Hmm, yes that was a strange score. I'm getting close to double that here with my 9700pro, but looking at the scores in that thread, it sounds like Didou has it right on the money (in that you're using AA & AF).

If that's not the case, post back with your settings from the Control Panel and what brand of card you have (SE or not) and we'll see what we can do.. :)

Sorry but i dont know much about things. I know about hardware but still don't know much :confused:
Could you put the AA AF thing past me another time but in more detail?????
the graphics card is SE. thanks for you help so far.

Either you have a Radeon 9800se with a 128-bit memory bus in which case your score is normal, either you have a Radeon 9800se with a 256-bit memory bus & in that case your score is lower then what it should be.

Have a look at your card & if the memory modules on your card are installed in a "L" shapped configuration you have a 256-bit card ( :D )

256-bit.jpg

otherwise 128-bit ( :dead: ).

128-bit.jpg

Have a look here -> Radeon 9800se @ Digit-daily

As you can see from that review, that 9800se (128-bit) is doing +/- 2500pts in 3dmark2k3 which is pretty much what you get. Have a look at the card & come back here with the extra info.

My card does'nt look like either of them. It has a sliver heatsink and has a silver rectagle north-west of the heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back