Christian Bale is top pick to play Steve Jobs in Aaron Sorkin's biopic

By Shawn Knight
Mar 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sony Pictures Entertainment and Columbia Pictures commissioned Aaron Sorkin to pen the screenplay for a Steve Jobs biopic in mid-2012. We've since learned that David Fincher is in talks to direct the film based on Walter Isaacson's authorized biography and...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Must admit best choice to play steve jobs yet :)
  3. Good pick.
  4. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

hehe. this why they call him Steve Jobs because Ashton Kutcher and Christian Bale were destined to play him.

is it the bane of great men to be bald but wealthy?
  5. abysal

abysal TS Booster Posts: 106   +37

Ha, good pick. Not the d**k we need but the d**k we deserve.
  6. Noah Wyle has already done the best Jobs depiction in my book. Also, why the need so soon for another Jobs flick - is the movie public demanding this. Its like the Spiderman (or Batman) reboot where they replace the goofy American actor with a brit, and dump the odd-ball director for a no-nonsense guy with a serious script. The Batman reboot (with Christian Bale, I might add) worked, while the Spiderman reboot (which came too soon after the previous set of movies), not so much.
  7. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

I'll watch this as soon as they come out with the documentary on paint drying. :)

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

Close enough
  9. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 792   +216

Cheesus Christ how many movies about him are they gonna make?
  10. Mike Steele

Mike Steele TS Enthusiast Posts: 37   +6

Iwas never an apple fan but I thought steve jobs was an interesting person. I hope the movie tells a good story
  11. Who cares? Let the self-obsessed dead former leader of a dying company just be dead.
  12. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

No need to be in denial. Just let it out.