Inactive Chrome updater exe virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Windows xp, using google chrome browser, I have AVG 2012 Free Edition

Okay I found this is the Virus Vault in the AVG. I can write out the entire location name that it gave me, if you want. Sorry, I'm computer illiterate. Do you still want me to do the 7 Step thing, and if so can you give me a link to it? Or do I just delete the thing from the virus vault? My computer keeps turning itself off and restarting. Just let me know what you want me to do.
Thanks

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

I can write out the entire location name that it gave me, if you want
Please do.

Okay, here yeah go. C:\Documents and Settings\Leigh\LocalSettings\Temp\{3BCF90FC-7EA4-472D-B321-9C2D478BC7DC}-20.0.1132.47_19.0.1084.56_chrome_updater.exe
And thats it

Okay, I'll try. As in, send the file to that web address? All right, I went into the AVG virus vault and when I right clicked on the file, this is the list of options I got...
Send to Analysis
Restore
Restore as...
Delete

I'm sorry, I'm probably being dim here, but what do you want me to do? Do I need to chase this thing down, where ever it is loged in my computer? Because I have no idea how to do that.

Okay, I get it that I'm suppost to go to the above site-using the link you provided of course-and I got the AVG 2021 folder open, but I have no idea how to find this file amidst all the abreviations listed. And I dont know how to find out what the site address is for the virus vault or how to find out. I'm sorry, but I need some help here.

I'm going to be gone, house setting over the weekend, so I will be away from my computer until late Monday. Can you please advize me on this?
Thanks
Leigh

Click on "Restore" and the file should be visible again in its original location.
Then upload it to VirusTotal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back