TechSpot

Clearwire launches pay-as-you-go 4G service

By Matthew
Aug 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Clearwire has added a pay-as-you-go option for its 4G wireless broadband service. Aimed at "tech-savvy Gen Y customers" looking to avoid lengthy contracts, the Rover Stick and Rover Puck offer commitment-free access to the company's WiMAX network. Priced at $100, the "Stick" is a USB modem for one machine, and it's compatible with Windows as well as OS X. The "Puck" is a pricier $150, but provides wireless access for up to eight devices (be they computers, smartphones, a gaming console and so on).

Read the whole story

2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Thats faster and cheaper than Comcast's internet for $40 a month. Our internet with Comcast is also utter crap, it goes out atleast 10 times a day. Sometimes 25 breaks easily. I wonder what their bandwidth regulations are.

3. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

I can't image the cap would be great. :/ But if I had coverage I would definitely get this! I would love it so much.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,248   +92

There are no bandwidth regulations. They offer unlimited transfer as far as I know.

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,530   +567

Hmm...would be tempting except for Clearwire works for crap during online PvP, PvM shooter games.

6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

From reading reviews of Clearwire over the years it seems they don't exactly have great latency since they are wireless and have some bad stories of port/application blocking, they may have changed but just be aware. I personally wouldn't do it as I just can't trust wireless companies as being my only way online.

7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Ya wireless and gaming don't mix at all. On a related note I want some Nachos http://xkcd.com/654/.

8. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 546

Sorry but this seems a little slow. I expected faster speeds then this.