TechSpot

Clicking noise & a sound revving up and stopping

By drecked
Jul 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi while working my comp I get those clicking noises and sounds like something is spinning
    followed by my comp developing a blue screen then a black screen telling me it can't find
    the operating system and to put in my OS disc this has occurred a few times I have dis
    mantled the whole lot checked it and re-assembled . It turns out when I give the tower a sharp
    knock the noise stops and it acts like nothing has happened > *****!
    could I be right thinking I have a bad electric connection ? It's a gigabyte m/board with on-board
    graphics i5-2400 CPU @3.10 GHz 311 GHz only six months old . If anyone can tell me
    what the problem might be I would appreciate It . Regard Drecked
    PS: I have a hard drive loaded with widows 7 I use some time and the same happens with that drive because I first thought that the hard drive was in the process of carking It., Incidentally happens about every two to three weeks ! Looking forward to a cure !

2. drecked

drecked TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 68

I just like to do a little follow up on my last post of July 20 ,2012 ! <> the mother board manual say's it's recommended to
    to install the two (identical modules) in the one & two sockets ( you have to install two to enable dual channel) well I had all sorts of problems, and the tech were I purchased the board etc said it was my hard drive , well as I'm not one to give up easy I could not his accept his diagnosis ! So the last thing before I went back to Asus Country I put the two memory modules in the 3 & 4
    sockets and strike me pink It fixed the problem no more epileptic fits , when they say bring it in and we will take a look that's
    about all the do,. salut drecked > nothing is impossible <

Cobalt006 likes this.
  3. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +184

Thanks for posting your Fix. Good job

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.