[Closed] Bamital/Patched-Rp/Smitnyl Trojan infection (Explorer, Userinit, Winlogon)j

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbionPT

Greetings all.

I'm trying to fix a friend's laptop from a serious virus/malware/trojan infection.

I have ran a few anti-virus/spyware softwares in order to solve the situation (Avast, MalwareBytes, ESET Online Check , Hitman Pro 3.5) to see if I could clean the computer but after removing an absurd amount of "infected junk" (close to 900 files/entries!) I slammed aggainst a wall.

Step 1: Avast detected:

explorer.exe, useriniti.exe , winlogon.exe &
Master Boot Record infected with Bamital/Patched-RP and Smitnyl. Deleting/Quarentine/Heal didn't work.

Step 2: Ok

Step 3:

I was having a few issues in here. I had to use an outdated database 1st because whenever I tried to update I got a BSOD. After removing a few virus I managed to update without BSOD.

Step 4 to 7: OK

Extra: Even if it was not asked I ran HiJackthis and found a few "suspicious" entries on the "Host files", so I'm also adding a HJ Log to the thread.

Also the computer is giving me a ' "explorer.exe" can't start cause a DLL is missing' but I see an explorer.exe instance on Task Manager.

Since this is not my laptop I would really like to fix the issues without having to format...

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back