TechSpot

[Closed] Low disk space

By Darci
Jul 3, 2011
  1. I have a Dell mini that constantly has the message "low disk space" Then is says you are running very low on disk space on OS (C:) To free space on the drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here.

I have tried to do the "7 steps", but it won't let me download any of the scans, I saved the malwarebytes anti-malware setup file to desk top, but when I try to run it, it says, "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

Any suggestions? I would like to restore the mini to factory settings as I have nothing on there I need to save, but of course I don't have a restore disk (or a cd drive)

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,066   +256

Open Windows Explorer, right click on drive C, click "Properties" and let me know how much free space you have there.

3. Darci

Darci TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

free space is 57,344 bytes 56.0KB
    used space is 7.1 GB

I don't normally use explorer, so never saw this before, but under documents and settings, as you know, there are several folders. Doublas wayne is the only user on this mini, but under his folder name, there are 46 folders with his name - all named douglas wayne DOUGS 001 through douglas wayne DOUGS 046.

4. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,066   +256

OK, this is extremely small hard drive and you have basically no free space left.
    56 kilobytes of a free space may make your computer unbootable at any moment.

Since this is not malware related issue, please start new topic in Windows forum.
    I'm closing this one.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.