[Closed] Pure Networks Platform Service fails after startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop2012

When I turn on my computer, after everything loads, a windows message pops up telling me that Pure Networks Platform Service has stopped working. My internet does not connect after this message pops up. After a few hours of use, my computer informs me that Win32 has stopped working. Things begin to freeze after this message.

This is not enough information for me to work with:

1. What was the last thing you did on the system before you shut down?
2. Did you check on Startup to see if the Pure Network processes were checked?
3. Does this happen every time you reboot?
4. What is the rest of the 'Win32' message?
5. What operating system are you using?

Edit: Processes to be checked on Startup:
nmapp
nmctxth

Be sure this Service is set to Automatic Startup type: Click on Start> Run> type in services.msc> double click on nmservice> Set Startup tyep to Automatic> Start the Service.

1. I had done nothing unusual, just checked email and a few of my usually visited websites.
2. The process is checked.
3. Yes.
4. I can't remember exactly but I believe it said Win32 Host has encountered a problem and has to close. It seems to come up hours after the computer has been running. If it return I will send the exact message.
5. XP

nmapp is not on the list, but nmctxth is there and checked.

nmservice was not on the list in services.msc

I was reminded by jobeard that Pure Magic has 2 Services and the Dependencies need to also be running:

The Services are:
1. Pure Network Platform Service: Listed in Services same, shows process as nmservice in Task Manager when running. Set to Automatic. Dependencies are> WMI, Windows Management Instrumentation.
nmservice was not on the list in services.msc
I show the actual Service fully listed out as Pure Networks Platform Service.

2. Pure Networks Net2Go Service: Listed in Services same, shows process asnmrsspache in the Task Manager when running. Set to Manual. Dependencies are> AFD, TCP/IP Protocol Driver.

And you must check the Dependencies of each of the above Dependencies.If you do not have the Pure Network Platform Service listed, you will need to reinstall Network Magic and follow by checking that any necessary Dependencies are set to Manual or Automatic.

You indicated originally that the network connection failed initially. But you now say the Win32 error comes up "hours after the computer has been running." What are you doing in these hours?

The error will likely show Win32 Generic Host Processes followed by what it did- either terminated, couldn't load, or other. The next time you get the error, check the time on the computer clock. Then do the following to look for error at that same time:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
[1]. Click to open the log>
[2]. Look for the Error>
[3] .Double click to open
[4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
This will have the Event#, the Source and the Description.
[5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
[6].NOTES
  • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
  • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
  • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
  • Please do not copy the entire Event log.
Errors are time coded.

The WMI is set to automatic and started, Pure Network is set to automatic but not started. What I try to start the service, I get "Pure Network Platform has encounter a problem and needs to close"

Please use he Event Viewer as I instructed in my previous reply. You will be looking to see if there is an Error Event corresponding to the time that you get the message "Pure Networks encountered a problem, etc."

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 9/18/2010
Time: 7:04:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: VALUED-CB7D4C82
Description:
The Pure Networks Platform Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s).

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 9/18/2010
Time: 7:04:32 PM
User: N/A
Computer: VALUED-CB7D4C82
Description:
Faulting application nmsrvc.exe, version 11.0.8268.0, faulting module nmcore.dll, version 11.1.9044.0, fault address 0x001d3d50.

I note that Broni was working with you last month to try and resolve "Virus blocking program use".
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic150533-2.html

You replied in Post #31 that "The computer starts up and an error message pops up saying Win32 is not working properly then the menu bar at the bottom of my monitor that contains the time and start menu disapears."

The problem was never resolved and your last post was "The only issues are the popups and the redirecting search links." Broni asked if you had reset the router to which you did not reply and the thread was closed due to inactivity.

You started this thread about Pure Networks including "After a few hours of use, my computer informs me that Win32 has stopped working."

There is no indication that you ever got 'Win32' working properly and it is most likely that your current problem is related to the previous unsolved problem.

Please send Broni a PM and request the previous thread be reopened if you want to continue.

I attempted to send a PM to Broni, but it will not allow me to send a PM until I have made 30 posts. I have only made 22.

Well, in your original topic, I posted my reply on 08-06-2010 (!!) and you never replied.
We close topics after 5 days of inactivity.

I'll reopen your original topic and I'll close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back