Colored vertical lines on a Compaq TFT 8000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a used TFT monitor on Ebay.

The monitor has consistent different coloured single pixel and multi pixel lines running vertically.

I kept the monitor on for many days, and ONE of those lines started flickering then disappeared.

The lines do not get fixed or even change when I adjust the clock and clock phase settinges. The just stay there as if they are dead.

I tried to change the video cable or the input but no changes.

I have posted an image.

Please help.

Thanks
WM

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 30
Ouch, that looks bad. Have you tried degaussing it? Are there any unshielded speakers close to it's right side?

Other than that you're probably out of luck. You risk getting things like this through Ebay and places like it. I'm not surprised.

How much did you pay for it?

Originally posted by Vehementi
Ouch, that looks bad. Have you tried degaussing it? Are there any unshielded speakers close to it's right side?
It's a TFT monitor (i.e. flat panel, not affected by magnetic fields, and no degaussing function).

Having looked at that picture it looks like you've been done. The previous owner probably knew of the problem and decided to dump it for good money on eBay. He would have got nothing for it if he tried selling it anywhere else. It looks like the column address strobing circuit is defective (not sure of exact terminology here, but you get the idea).

compaq tft 8000

I had the same problem.. the issue is inside ,, after taking apart the monitor you find a metal type box ( shield ) for the main board , in the center of it is the processor that has a heat sink , make sure the ( shield) is not touching the processor in any way at all. looks like the " ground " from the shield affects the vertical zync of the monitor , that resolved the problem for me!!! I hope it helps
}

see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back