Colorful RTX 4070 Ti listing confirms GPU is a rebranded RTX 4080 12GB

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Colorful has confirmed the news we were expecting: The "unlaunched" RTX 4080 12GB is now the RTX 4070 Ti. The AIB partner posted a product listing for the next Lovelace entry that shows most of the specs, and they match the controversial card that Nvidia decided was confusingly named.

The listing for Colorful's GeForce RTX 4070 Ti BattleAx Deluxe shows it features the same 295 sq. mm AD104 GPU that was to power the RTX 4080 12GB. Other matching specs include the 12GB of DDR6X memory clocked at 21 Gbps, 192-bit memory bus, and 504 GB/s of bandwidth.

Elsewhere, the card is listed with a base clock of 2,310 MHz. We know the GPU can boost to 2,610 MHz, but there's no mention of a factory overclock on the page. It also has a 285W TDP.

One spec missing from Colorful's listing is the number of CUDA cores, but the 4070 Ti is expected to feature the full-fat AD104 die complete with 7,680 cores, as well as 240 Tensor cores, 60 ray tracing units, 30 billion transistors, and up to 160 ROPs.

Gamers are unlikely to be pleased to find that the RTX 4070 Ti features the same 16-pin power connector (12VHPWR) that has been causing issues for a few RTX 4090 owners. Nvidia is now facing a class-action lawsuit over the melting adaptors, though Gamers Nexus says the fault lies with users who aren't inserting the cables securely. The PCI consortium recently weighed in on the subject, insisting it wasn't to blame, either.

We've heard plenty of claims that the RTX 4070 Ti will launch on January 5. The important piece of information we still don't know is the price. The RTX 4080 12GB's $899 MSRP led to Nvidia renaming the card, so the RTX 4070 Ti will undoubtedly be cheaper, especially with AMD's 7900 XTX and 7900 XT on the way. We've even heard rumors that team green could soon drop the price of the RTX 4080 16GB model, which has been selling so poorly that scalpers can't shift them—or return the cards.

Permalink to story.

Are you really wondering about the price ? Price will be the one announced for 4080 12 GB. Nvidia has no shame. They deserve to fail.
Especially now that they've had to invest more money intro renaming the card, redoing the packages and paying partners too.

Although I don't understand why they went to such trouble when they clearly don't care about proper naming. The cut down 3060 8GB proves this.

Last edited:
I'm so fed up with this crap. For the first time in YEARS I've almost stopped even looking at Video cards. Inflation is really kicking in here in the states. All of the inventory that was in stock for consumer products at previous prices has been used up and now the new product replacing it is at the new higher pricing. God, the grocery store is painful. What makes things worse is that I have a very good income, but it's getting eaten alive.

Hell, the normal price of a 12 pack of soda 2 years ago was 4.99, now it's 7.99. That's a hell of a lot more than the "12%" our useless government keeps preaching for inflation. Every time they give away money to "help", it makes it worse. People have to hold back purchasing and let inventory build, in order for prices to start retreating. Instead, our government gives out more handouts and more disposable money. (n) (N):bomb:

Look at new and used car prices. Probably 25-50% higher than 2 years ago. My 2017 Honda
CRV would now trade in for more than I paid for it, 2 years ago.

I'm so fed up with this crap. For the first time in YEARS I've almost stopped even looking at Video cards. Inflation is really kicking in here in the states. All of the inventory that was in stock for consumer products at previous prices has been used up and now the new product replacing it is at the new higher pricing. God, the grocery store is painful. What makes things worse is that I have a very good income, but it's getting eaten alive.

Hell, the normal price of a 12 pack of soda 2 years ago was 4.99, now it's 7.99. That's a hell of a lot more than the "12%" our useless government keeps preaching for inflation. Every time they give away money to "help", it makes it worse. People have to hold back purchasing and let inventory build, in order for prices to start retreating. Instead, our government gives out more handouts and more disposable money. (n) (N):bomb:

Look at new and used car prices. Probably 25-50% higher than 2 years ago. My 2017 Honda
Spot on. This is one of the main reasons I think the student debt forgiveness plan is a terrible idea. Not only does it suck for everyone who has already paid theirs or didn't get a debt in the first place. It also adds fuel to the fire that is inflation. Handouts of any kind just do not work long term and on this level.

All the Stimulus money that has gone out over the last few years should have been allocated to government jobs (New ones) in and along side infrastructure projects that employ people.

I don't buy soda - haven't drank it for 8 or 9 years now. Last time I did buy it, I usually bought it when it was on sale at Target where you could get 3 - 12 packs for $8. The wife and kids drink soda from time to time and last week at the store the wife grabbed a 12 pack (just one) and it was priced at $7....that's just stupid.

The prices that really get me are the ones for a dozen eggs. 2 years ago (just before covid stupidity) a dozen eggs (basic, dozen eggs) cost around $1.19 (give or take). A dozen eggs now is around $4.50 for the same basic eggs.

Cereal, the family sized boxes used to be $4.99. They're now $6.99.
Bread has gone up at $1.
Milk is up from around $2.50 a gallon to about $4 a gallon.
Sandwich meat I like used to be around $0.79 per 1 ounce, now it's $1.49 per 1 ounce.
Cheap things such as Mac & Cheese (depending on the type you get) has gone up $1 or more in the past 2 years.
Can of condensed chicken noodle soup used to be $0.79, it's now $1.50.
Stalk of celery used to be $0.99, it's now $2.99
Mushrooms used to be $1.49 for a pack, they're now between $2.50-3
Strawberries used to be $3.99, now (depending on the season) are $5.99-6.99
Avocados (I hate them, but the wife loves them) have had a wild ride in pricing. They were around $0.99 each 2 years ago, then they went to $1.49 each, then to $2.00 and then eventually hit $3.50 each. They've actually come down some and you can get them on average around $2-2.50 now.
3lb of 85/15 ground beef used to be $12.99 - now it's $18.99
3lb of 85/15 ground turkey has stayed pretty good, was $12.99, now $13.99

I could keep going, but the bottom line is, my grocery bill has gone up on average 50%. A trip to the grocery store 2 years ago was around $180. It's now easily $280.

The extremely high prices that Nvidia is putting out for GPUs has priced me out of the PC gaming market. Thankfully I was able to get a new system put together 1.5 years ago, so I'm set for another 4/5/6 years. If things don't correct by then, I won't be worried about PC gaming anymore.

Hopefully with Intel in the picture and they stay there and with AMD constantly on the heels of Nvidia we'll see pricing come back down. It's just a waiting game now.

Last edited:
It's the same arround the world, just in US the energy and fuel are still cheap. Wait for that to reach US, we shall talk again then.

Cheers !!!

I don't buy soda - haven't drank it for 8 or 9 years now. Last time I did buy it, I usually bought it when it was on sale at Target where you could get 3 - 12 packs for $8. The wife and kids drink soda from time to time and last week at the store the wife grabbed a 12 pack (just one) and it was priced at $7....that's just stupid.

The prices that really get me are the ones for a dozen eggs. 2 years ago (just before covid stupidity) a dozen eggs (basic, dozen eggs) cost around $1.19 (give or take). A dozen eggs now is around $4.50 for the same basic eggs.

Cereal, the family sized boxes used to be $4.99. They're now $6.99.
Bread has gone up at $1.
Milk is up from around $2.50 a gallon to about $4 a gallon.
Sandwich meat I like used to be around $0.79 per 1 ounce, now it's $1.49 per 1 ounce.
Cheap things such as Mac & Cheese (depending on the type you get) has gone up $1 or more in the past 2 years.
Can of condensed chicken noodle soup used to be $0.79, it's now $1.50.
Stalk of celery used to be $0.99, it's now $2.99
Mushrooms used to be $1.49 for a pack, they're now between $2.50-3
Strawberries used to be $3.99, now (depending on the season) are $5.99-6.99
Avocados (I hate them, but the wife loves them) have had a wild ride in pricing. They were around $0.99 each 2 years ago, then they sent to $1.49 each, then to $2.00 and then eventually hit $3.50 each. They've actually come down some and you can get them on average around $2-2.50 now.
3lb of 85/15 ground beef used to be $12.99 - now it's $18.99
3lb of 85/15 ground turkey has stayed pretty good, was $12.99, now $13.99

I could keep going, but the bottom line is, my grocery bill has gone up on average 50%. A trip to the grocery store 2 years ago was around $180. It's now easily $280.

The extremely high prices that Nvidia is putting out for GPUs has priced me out of the PC gaming market. Thankfully I was able to get a new system put together 1.5 years ago, so I'm set for another 4/5/6 years. If things don't correct by then, I won't be worried about PC gaming anymore.

Hopefully with Intel in the picture and they stay there and with AMD constantly on the heels of Nvidia we'll see pricing come back down. It's just a waiting game now.
I work out a lot and really like protein bars to tide me over. What use to cost me 4.99 for a box of 4 quest bars is now 7.99. I mean, really.

I don't see technology selling well in the next year, as all of these handouts get used up. nVidia AND AMD have got to get a new game plan. nVidia and AMD count on their business products to keep them afloat. Well, businesses are cutting back as well. It's really just starting.

It's the same arround the world, just in US the energy and fuel are still cheap. Wait for that to reach US, we shall talk again then.

Cheers !!!
It's actually a scary thing. Biden has been using up our reserves to keep prices down, instead of allowing domestic production. It's going to hit us hard when that tap has to be closed. I hate it, but it's out of my hands. We just have to ride out this storm and hope we don't go broke in the process.

This will only get consummers spend less and less. If fuel price is up the food prices also. Food comes with trucks that drive with fuel. So the $1000 price for a GPU it's a good joke for me. I will stop buying new or total stop this hobby. For me maybe time for another one.

Well, we all knew that was going to happen. I mean, nVidia THEMSELVES said that it was going to happen and they (supposedly) helped the AIBs pay huge cost of re-branding the cards.

Now, if only nVidia would do the same thing with the 8GB "RTX 3060" and re-brand it as the "RTX 3050 Ti" that it really is.

This will only get consummers spend less and less. If fuel price is up the food prices also. Food comes with trucks that drive with fuel. So the $1000 price for a GPU it's a good joke for me. I will stop buying new or total stop this hobby. For me maybe time for another one.
You know. I've been thinking the exact same thing. Time to get interested in something else.

Stepping out of the mindless rat-race doesn't mean you guys don't have to ditch the hobby altogether. There are thousands of Very / Overwhelmingly Positive games that can run on a $200 GPU. Looking through my own collection, 98% of top 100 favourites of all time will run on a GTX 1660 and +50% on an APU (eg, 5600G). One way or another the average gamer isn't going to keep paying +70% compounded price increases per generation without the train coming off the rails and forcing a reality check at some point. So it's a perfect opportunity to start clearing that backlog - play them from oldest to newest and you won't need to upgrade GPU for a while giving the market time to either correct or crash back down to Earth.

Stepping out of the mindless rat-race doesn't mean you guys don't have to ditch the hobby altogether. There are thousands of Very / Overwhelmingly Positive games that can run on a $200 GPU. Looking through my own collection, 98% of top 100 favourites of all time will run on a GTX 1660 and +50% on an APU (eg, 5600G). One way or another the average gamer isn't going to keep paying +70% compounded price increases per generation without the train coming off the rails and forcing a reality check at some point. So it's a perfect opportunity to start clearing that backlog - play them from oldest to newest and you won't need to upgrade GPU for a while giving the market time to either correct or crash back down to Earth.
You aren't wrong.

My games backlog is really big, I don't have time to replay most of them. Now I'm only doing some PUBG in the evening, 2 hours max. The current 2060 can drive this 165+ fps 1440p.
Latest games fell like "more pretty than fun". Last games I replayed with real pleasure were RDR2 and Witcher3. So 1660 and iGPU it's not an option for me at least because I'm looking for a more powerful device right now.

My games backlog is really big, I don't have time to replay most of them. Now I'm only doing some PUBG in the evening, 2 hours max. The current 2060 can drive this 165+ fps 1440p.
Latest games fell like "more pretty than fun". Last games I replayed with real pleasure were RDR2 and Witcher3. So 1660 and iGPU it's not an option for me at least because I'm looking for a more powerful device right now.
I have over 200 games on my steam library, and every one of them play perfectly for me. Looking at new cards was just hobby more than a need. I've always liked to keep my system up to date with little steps. I've had to stop. The only thing I did this year was take my AM4 up to a 5950. That was a very nice jump. my 2080 Super will last a few more years with the games I play. Probably longer.

As you said, with the current pricing of things, this is no longer a hobby worth entertaining.

I have over 200 games on my steam library, and every one of them play perfectly for me. Looking at new cards was just hobby more than a need. I've always liked to keep my system up to date with little steps. I've had to stop. The only thing I did this year was take my AM4 up to a 5950. That was a very nice jump. my 2080 Super will last a few more years with the games I play. Probably longer.

As you said, with the current pricing of things, this is no longer a hobby worth entertaining.
That 2080SU is a good card for today and maybe for next 2-3 years. Only GTAVI will kneel it maybe :)

Back