TechSpot

Company of Heroes Online shutting down March 31

By Matthew
Feb 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Folks beta testing Company of Heroes Online have less than 60 days to enjoy the WWII RTS. Relic Entertainment has informed gamers that it's closing the open beta on March 31 to "evaluate the next steps for the Company of Heroes series." The developer's initial announcement didn't clearly state whether it was scrapping the free-to-play project entirely, but it has since confirmed CoHO's demise in a forum post. "Yes. After March 31st there is no more CoHO," said a Relic Entertainment employee.

Read the whole story

2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

I have a feeling they would end up refunding far less than its going to cost them in either legal fees or reputation.

3. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +58

that's what you get for using real money for fake

4. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Guru Posts: 347   +26

Wow I feel sorry for the poor schmucks who bought the online currency.

5. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

That's definitely an unexpected move from a company such as Relic Entertainment whose been pretty fair to gamers over the years. At the very least they should give credit to those affected on anything they wanted in the THQ store. I hope this is just an isolated case with them screwing gamers over.

6. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 830   +54

Yep I would be pissed off if I had spent out and try cancelled like that.

7. Ahh, it was a really good game....

8. Omnislip

Omnislip TS Rookie Posts: 91

How can these projects work when they are the same as a 2 or 3 year old game?