Compaq Presario Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jookieblue

Hi this is my first post so bare with me.

I have a compaq presario 2580us laptop first of all with a pentium 4 in it.

My question is this. My laptop has 3 fans in it and they all used to come on in the past. Only one(the biggest) has been working not sure how long it has just been the one either. My temps get up to around 127F. I am just just wondering if there is a way to check out why the other 2 fans are not working. If there is some setting that I could check that would be great. Any assistance would be so nice.

Thank you,

Jackie

I did this on a machine at work 2 weeks ago. Check hp.com, do the auto detect thing, and update the bios. should solve the problem.

hope it helps.

Ok I will try it now. I tryed to update the bios yesterday though and didnt work to hot on my computer as I ended up needing to use last good known configuration.

What ever sysem you use that reports 127 C is in serious error. Speedfan is worse than useless, as they seldome work right for more than a few weeks..
Try replacing the fans, because they are only $10 each, but you shouldn't have to.
The first thing I would replace is your temperature monitor.

Yeah I might have to take it apart again and replace the fan which is a dual fan with heat sink attached. My temps get up to around 130F not Celsius like raybay had said. Im sure it was just a misread. As far as the temp monitor. Im not sure where that is located. I will have to read the manual on that one.

130 F is only 54.5 Celsius, which is normal... high is when it is over 67C.
Speed fan is still worthless, in my opinion... as it always presents errors sooner or later.
But the fans do not need to kick in if it is only at the 55 degrees or less mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back