Compatible, or not compatible, that is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auronkiller7

I've decided to try my hand at building my own PC. I intend it to be a medium - high end gaming computer. I've got everything figured out (at least I hope) I'm just wanting a second opinion about my choice of motherboard and CPU. I'm pretty sure they are compatible, at least in theory, I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with them, or any advice for me. Hey, if you feel like it, recommend something bigger and better. I have a pretty good budget for this (within reason of course, nothing too outrageous).

CPU : AMD Phenom X4 9950 Quad Core Processor 2.60GHz, 4MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s) FSB, Agena, Retail, Socket AM2+, with Fan (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4016668&CatId=3496)

Motherboard : FX nForce 750a SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA 750a SLI, Socket AM2/AM2+, ATX, Audio, Video, HDMI, DVI, PCI Express 2.0, Gigabit LAN. S/PDIF, USB 2.0, eSATA, RAID (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3930721&CatId=13)

One big question I have, however, is whether a GeForce 8800GT graphics card with its super long design would fit correctly or at all in that motherboard. The 2nd PCI-E slot has to be the first one used, so I couldn't put it in the top slot. I think it would fit, but not quite sure.

Anyways, thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to have a read through this, and an extra thanks to anyone with any advice or comments.

why can u not use the first slot? the only problem should be with the case. put the mem. in before u put the video card in.

why can u not use the first slot? the only problem should be with the case. put the mem. in before u put the video card in.

The Mobo requires the 2nd slot to be used before the 1st slot can be. A couple people commented on it because they thought they had a defective card at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back