Computer doesn't start if it is unplugged for some time

So here is my problem... Amagine there is a storm comming so either the storm shuts the power in the house or I do becouse of keeping my computer safe from storm damage... The point is if i take the computers power for that much time that inner light on motherboard(The one thats alway on if computer is pluged in) shuts off (like 3 seconds) my computer wont start the vents and cooler spinn a few times than its off so I always keep pressing the button for 5-10 minutes( I know you wold say I should wait that time and then press it I tryed leaving it pluged for an hour and I stell had to do that 5-10 minutes pressin the big red button...) So not that im inpatient but im vorryed that maby once it wont eaven start up.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Predo50

I'd suggest taking the side off and looking at the motherboard. Look at the capacitors (cylinders with silver tops) are any of them bulged/domed?

If not, I'd suggest replacing the power supply.

Can you supply more information about your computer, such as make/model or specifications?

Almost certainly bad PSU. Replace it, should fix it. If you are apprehensive, wait a few more replies, or buy from a place that accepts returns.

Some of the moden PSW are not made properly. If the power suddenly goes off due to storm...
1. unplug the power cord
2. move the voltage selector from 110 to 220 and then back to 110, some you have to do 2 times...reason is the ground circuit (suks). insure the switch is set to 110.
3. plug the cord back in
4. push the power button to start...

You can also take to a good tech and have him FIX the CRAPPY Ground strap.

seanc

I have my side open and there are some cylinders whit silver tops and some of small ones are not compleetly in horizontal position like that // and not that ||... Did you ment that?

I will try to chnage PSU too

Frank Smith

Im not totaly shoure how to move the voltage sector form 110 to 220 ?

thanks for answers

seanc

I have my side open and there are some cylinders whit silver tops and some of small ones are not compleetly in horizontal position like that // and not that ||... Did you ment that?
No, he didn't, at least not really. Bad capacitors might appear swollen, leaking, or burnt. Slightly sitting at an angle is probably assembly quality control.

I will try to chnage PSU too
Well there's an idea, since just looking inside the computer definitely won't help.

Im not totaly shoure how to move the voltage sector form 110 to 220 ?
Look on the back of the PSU, if you see anything that says "110" move it to "220", then back again. Sometimes you need a screwdriver. However, IMO this is voodoo anyway. All you need to do is turn off the power strip to your computer, and hold the power switch in until everything discharges.
Sadly, you have to consider the possibility that the power "outage" was accompanied by a power surge. It sounds like it definitely fried the PSU, but it might have gotten to the board also. Anyway, I hope not.

So what happened today was that my computer freezed, I had to put it down whit 5-10 seconds push on main start button. As I whanted to start it up again it happened again just blink and vent spin.. than it started whit wiiu- -wiiuu(amulance like) sound and crased... Again there was just vent spinning and no repond i gave up and went watch tv, when i camed back I pushed the button again, comp started whit beeping sound again and it loaded normaly before windovs Xp sighn it stopped and white text appeared on black: someting like that: Computer was previusly shutted down reason: termal issue - over heating pres enter to proceed.

and than it was all normal

Predo50

By that post, I'm *guessing*, because you haven't given us any information on the computer in question, at all, that it's an Abit board.

Are all the fans spinning properly and freely?

Well both 2 fans are spinning properly:

My computer info:

Graphics: Geforce 8600 Gt ,
The PSU is from company POWER ^ tm
The motherboard is from Intel I cant find any ingo of it: all it says on it is : Lead free maby that helps for u too know what version it is but idk...
processor is 1 core 3.6 Ghz but its processor dosent have anything whit this i guess.

Back