CPU SPEED: 2.0GHz

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS A8N-SLI
MEMORY: Hynix 1024MB PC-3200 DDR400
SOUNDCARD: (On board motherboard)
VIDEOCARD: Sapphire Radeon X1300 256MB PCI-Express
PSU: Titan Power ATX-SSOPS 450W
+12V: 24A
+5V: 40A

I built this computer back in Jan this year. During the first 2 months it seldom freeze during gaming but then afterwards it just freeze randomly during game play. Now, it just hangs about 5 mins after the game loaded and also the music would stop. I play games like WarCraft3 and Final Fantasy XI. I tried updating every single driver on my computer like the lastest Window Updates, BIOS, Chipset, Video Card, Direct X and Soundcard but with no luck at all. Also, formatting the computer just wouldn't fix this issue. At first I suspected that it might be the ram's problem cause A8N-SLI is very picky when it comes to ram. After switching with my friend's DDR 400 Dual Channel 1GHz it did turn out better for a few game plays. Afterwards everything just go down slope. This is really giving me a headache please help me out!

download Everest Home and/or speedfan and post us the results on the sensor reports page.

open up the pc and clean out the dust.

open up cmd and do a chkdsk /f and also defrag.

What kind of cooling do you have? idealy you should have a one fan in front of the case drawing air in and one fan in the rear drawing air out.

My computer doesn't have any fan or cooling lol
What's cmd?? By chkdsk you mean C drive? /f means format?

This is the info from SpeedFan:
Fan1:3516RPM
Fan2:0
Fan3:5819RPM

TEMP1:39C
TEMP2:36C
TEMP3:26C
HDo: 41C
TEMP1:40C

Vcore1: 1.41V
Vcore2: 0.00V
+3.3V: 3.30V
+5V: 4.95V
+12V: 11.90V

-12V: -1.58V
-5V: -8.78V
+5V: 4.84V
Vbat: 3.14V

Unfortunately I don't have any case fans installed =( I read the Speedfan data when I turn on WarCraft3 and the temp for Temp1 went up from 41C to 45C <blue down arrow to red up arrow>. So does the HD0 Temp went up from 40C to 43C <blue down arrow to red up arrow>.

try removing the side panel from the case and have a fan blowing towards it. if you can play without freezes then you know it is a overheating issue and you need to install case fans.

i think his case maybe a passive cooling system.. heatsink, pipes the works.. but adding a fan helps sometimes too...

-5V: -8.78V
what you reckon iss? i'm still trying to figure out how voltages for psu's should look like so second opinion helps a lot...

what you reckon iss? i'm still trying to figure out how voltages for psu's should look like so second opinion helps a lot...

I would say that looks a bit odd but I am not sure since I dont normally pay much attention to the negative since it really serves no purpose on newer mobo's. the negative rail used to service the ISA bus and most mobo's dont have ISA buses anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back