Inactive Computer running a system tool scan and desktop has changed to a warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happily browsing eBay last night when all of a sudden a red page came up telling me I was infected with spyware. I closed the page and then my computer seemed to be running a system tool system scan, I panicked and shut down my computer. Then I turn it on this morning and it's doing the same thing only my desktop has now turned blue with red and White writing saying ' warning your in danger your computer is infected with spyware...' etc. Any help? Cos I am completely confused weather this is real or if all this itself is a virus.. It's never happened before.

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=======================================================================

Start with following these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-tool

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=======================================================================

Start with following these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-tool

Thankyou so much! i done all the steps in your instructions and things seem to be back to normal.. is there any way u can tell me for definate that my computer is now safe? I think i done it all right but i just want to make sure you know..

The only thing i did notice when i rebooted my system is that i got a message saying some programs were blocked on start up.. is this normal?
The only thing i havent done is the suggested Secunia PSI scan, but i am now about to do so.
Thanks again.

Oh, also. On step 23, i had to right-click on the appropriate link and select Save Target As... i then saved it into the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc folder.. this was right wasnt it? because i got abit confused on this step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back