Computer shuts down unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryiam

here is the bugcheck after the computer started back up. everything was running fine then !BAM! restart.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc000001d, 0xe2bf877c, 0xac660890, 0x00000000)

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click System.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

In the Dump File box (or in the Small dump directory box, depending on your version of Windows) you should see where they are saved

ok set it so that it will make it now disable automatic restart then get it to crash it will start to create one

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK till there is no more boxes

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

in the bottom click on go advanced then click on manage attachment select the file and click upload

Below is the info of the crash it looks like it is your video card update the video drive to the latest drive

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: ati3duag+1178f8

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: ati3duag

IMAGE_NAME: ati3duag.dll

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4844b372

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_BAD_IP_ati3duag+1178f8

BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_BAD_IP_ati3duag+1178f8

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

kd> lmvm ati3duag
start end module name
bf18f000 bf4e5940 ati3duag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ati3duag.dll
Image path: ati3duag.dll
Image name: ati3duag.dll
Timestamp: Mon Jun 02 19:58:58 2008 (4844B372)
CheckSum: 003628BB
ImageSize: 00356940
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e0 0409.04b0 0409.04e0

ohhh ok. uh yea i updated it to the latest catalyst drivers 8.6. how i got the bsod. when i run 3dmark03 the first test works great finishes then the rest of the tests load but when it gets read to display them boom BSOD.

it is still pointing to the videocard. Fully unistall the driver/software and install the software that came with your videocard

ok well got a problem i can't find the cd that came with my card. When i installed the 8.5 drivers i did a clean install first then to.

Check these

Check your Power supply options.If you don't have battery backup,disable
all options.I also have software that will shut you down when doing a VScan.
So you don't have to sit and watch it,then shut down.
:)

Well i got a battery backup. My BSOD only happens when i run 3dmark03. the earliest version of 3dmark. My video card will run the first test fine the any test after it BSOD. Virus scan and all other have no "shutdown when complete" option if it does it has been checked not to shut down. Any Suggestions?

Help this newbie

larryiam said:
Well i got a battery backup. My BSOD only happens when i run 3dmark03. the earliest version of 3dmark. My video card will run the first test fine the any test after it BSOD. Virus scan and all other have no "shutdown when complete" option if it does it has been checked not to shut down. Any Suggestions?

What is BSOD ? Have you done a Direct X video test ?
But why not just stop useing 3dmark.That should be the problem described.
Not " Computer shuts down unexpectedly."
You answered your own problem .Can't add anything else but to stop useing
3dmark.:wave:

Ok mr. zip "BSOD"= Blue Screen Of Death. When a computer error occurs the "BSOD" pops up and shows the error it wil be in the form of a stop message like 0x45754644 Ex.
and will post a minidump next time the computer restarts. As for 3dmark its a benchmark utility for my video card. And i want to see why every time i run it is gives me errors. So suggestions?
EDIT: How do you do a direct x video test?

I know what 3dmark is

Why do you continue to frusterate yourself with this old version ?
The BSOD is sending you a message.Don't use it.
Nobody can help you fix this,get the newer version.
You might have bad settings for your video card.Check your options for
monitor allowable screen sizes.And use Dxdiag video test.Are all settings active ?
I never get BSOD,I wonder why.
I'm heading there now,

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=3dmark&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

I use it because my old video card won't run any newer version. The reason you don't get BSOD's is because you have your computer set to automatically shut down when there is an error with the computer. So ill just forget about it then. :D ok wil check out the link. thanks for you time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back