Computer Still buggy after RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

seleven

My computer IS GIVING ME MONSTER lame problems. I dont know whats going oN! Specs are

Dual core 2.6 4gig ram 550 watt Gigabyte MOBO GFX:8800gt built January 08 Wind Xp sp3

I just RMA my moBO but it still shuts off for no reason.

I dl'ed speedfan thinking maybe i can get a clue. I dont know if it helps but it says my GFX is running at 48?!?! HERES Some screen shots from SPPED FAN.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6926/resultsgr6.jpg

No idea what any of that means

---i reformated...Should i install the driver for the mobo whats up?

Also, i noticed a very little bit thermal grese on myheatsink and chip does that effect the comp?

Replace your power supply, not motherboard. It sounds like a budget build.. My bet is that you've got a cheapo, el-crappo power supply in it that's choking.

Well i just got some thermal grease to apply because i guess the factory grease dissapated after me puling and replacing the HS and chip.

Heres a problem i want to mention

I have the side of the chassis off and I can see that when I press the chassis on/off switch to power on (there is a power on delay), the cpu and chassis fans spin up, come to a stop and about 1-2s later come back on repeat.... I press the power button and it sound like it wants to start up but it turns off right away. You push it again and it does the same thing....Nothing comes up on the screen ; everything seems to run normally if i leave the computer unpluged over night but then after 1-15min of use it shuts down....

I had the MOBO RMA'ed i still dont know whats up because i thought that was the problem

Temps look ok. Only suggestion I have is a power cable broken/not soldered properly/oxidised. Power supply fault remains likely. Did this problem always exist? If not, rack your brains and you may remember what you did that likely caused it.

Did you say that you put on some thermal paste? If you did, did you clean ALL the old paste from the CPU and heatsink first? Bifferent brands have different properties and may not be compatable with one another.
Also, when applying thermal paste, you don't need very much. a spot about the size of a BB or a matchhead is all it takes. Just spread it evenly with a stiff card or razor blade.

yes of course i cleaned it.

Anyway, the problem has always occured. The plugs are wires are new for the PSU. Im using those for the old comp im using now. im trying to figure out this problem still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back