Conexant Falcon II TV tuner card

rgrg

Is there a new driver for this for Win7?

It says ASUS on the board, but it was installed by HP.

I am trying to use the remote control that came with my HP PC to control the Media Center playbacks and recordings. But it has limited functions. I can not control pause, stop, rew, fwd. My original purchased PC came with Win-XP and I upgraded to Win-7. I never used the remote to see if it worked with XP version of media center.

So I am thinking maybe this might be a tuner driver issue.

tuner driver

Thank you for the driver link, but it seems I have to register and pay for the services. Is there a free download available?

You can also try DriverEasy (is free) but from what i could find it doesn't appear there's a Win 7 driver for that device (looks like an older device? driver date was from 2005)

in any case, see what DriverEasy might find

tuner driver

Thanks for the info. I downloaded Drivereasy but it did not detect the tuner card.

Thanks for the info. I downloaded Drivereasy but it did not detect the tuner card.
That surprises me. Was the tuner card connected? Powered on? (Windows doesn't need drivers to detect plug and play hardware - just needs the drivers to use the device's functionality)

I'm GUESSING the tuner should appear as Problem Device. Is it detected?
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

tuner driver

The tuner is working fine and is connected ok. It just the drivereasy did not detect it.

Can you add in your next post if this is for Windows 7 64bit or 32bit.

Sorry for the link I gave I didn't realise that had to be paid for.

tuner driver

here is what I added to my original forum.
---------------------------------------

I am trying to use the remote control that came with my HP PC to control the Media Center playbacks and recordings. But it has limited functions. I can not control pause, stop, rew, fwd. My original purchased PC came with Win-XP and I upgraded to Win-7. I never used the remote to see if it worked with XP version of media center.

So I am thinking maybe this might be a tuner driver issue.

Back