Connected to the Internet, cannot browse the website

Even though I am connected to the internet. From time to time, I cannot browse the website.

I know for sure my internet is still working because sometimes it happens when I'm downloading something.

My download is still progressing smoothly but I cannot browse the site at all.
It gets reconnected again if I wait for awhile or reboot the router but it gets very annoying.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue? I have been trying to Google and find some possible solution but none of them worked so far.

I have tried using cmd command such as

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset

And I also tried to changing my router setting such as MTU, Beacon Interval, Fragment Threshold and RTS Threshold but nothing worked.

Here's my latest router setting:
MTU - 1492
Beacon Interval - 25 ms
Fragment Threshold - 2304
RTS Threshold - 2304

I believe this all started when I got my new router a few months back. I never got any problem with my old Netgear at all. The model I'm currently using is TEW-692 TRENDnet N900 Dual Band Wireless Router.

Something like this for example:
sRKL6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a DUAL band router with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Choice one (2.4Ghz) or the other but don't allow both - - seems to result in this condition.

Get a cop of inSSIDer from https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html and use it to choose a channel without other stations

So I just need to use inSSIDer to find a channel with ZERO Co-Channel and ZERO Overlapping? I notices there's 1 Overlapping using Channel 11.. I switched to Channel 12 but the Link Score is like 30x lower, does that matter?

6cBC2.jpg

So I changed from Channel 11 to Channel 12 and the image above is the stats as shown in inSSIDer.
The yellow line is the extender and the blue line is my router.

I notice I still disconnect from time to time, but not as much (though I can't say for sure yet since I haven't started for long).

What else would you recommend me to do? Keep switching the channel until I find a suitable one?

Put one at channel 3 and the other at channel 11; WHY interfere with yourself :)

The extender copy the settings directly from the router and I have no idea if it's possible to change the channel for the extender.
Yup, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to change frequency channel of the extender, it copies the router 100%...

Back