Connecting a laptop to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just bought a Dell Latitude D600 laptop and I don't know the first thing about it! I need to get an internet connection for it and will be going to Egypt at the end of July, so I would like one that I will be able to use there. Can anybody advise me as to what the best thing to get will be?
Thanks for all your help.
Meritamun :confused:

That laptop is (in its standard form) set up for Dial-Up connection to the internet.
In Egypt, you may find Internet Cafe's and/or hotels where you can connect your laptop, using an ordinary RJ11 telephone cable.
You might need an adapter for the telephone plugs in Egypt, I have no idea what they look like there. Probably buy that locally.

Rather than take that laptop with you, go and visit those internet cafes, especially since you know nothing about laptops. They are easily stolen, or sand might get into them.

That's great-thanks for the information. I wasn't sure whether or not Egyptian internet cafes might be "men" only domains, but using them would be far easier than lugging a laptop about with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back