Connecting to sites I don't know about

I don't know where on the entire web I should put this, but anyway.
I have Malwarebytes 3.0, and I recently have looked in the reports. There is a few webs site connection attempts I haven't preformed. The leads me to believe I have a virus, but I'm gonna ask a bunch of random strangers to see if any of them know whats the issue. Here's a screenshot of the list without details as to protect websites to prove I'm not lying Screenshot (17).png

Could easily be an advert - redirection which Malware is configured to block.
If it's a virus, the MWB scan would find it.

@TheInfernoLord It would be helpful to know which browser you're using.

AFAIK, the freeware version of MWB is passive, (or at least it used to be). If that is the case, it wouldn't actively block threats, it simply scans for them after the fact.

I am curious about the "protection event" listed at the top of the report.

A severe infection of the type you're imagining would hijack your homepage, or redirect your searches. Obviously, there could be less severe symptoms as well.

A security software named "SpybotSD" (also freeware), had what it called, "immunization", which placed entries into the Windows "Hosts" file of known bad sites. This prevented you from visiting one of them.

The "site blocked" entries could be a form of these.

With all of that said. I still wouldn't use MWB free as my only security software. I use Firefox, with "NoScript" extension, along with an active anti-virus program. The "NoScript" kills a lot of hostile attacks, from what's known as "cross site scripting". This prevents other sites from injecting script into your browser while you're at the site you planned to visit. It's a good first line of defense.

@TheInfernoLord It would be helpful to know which browser you're using.

A security software named "SpybotSD" (also freeware), had what it called, "immunization", which placed entries into the Windows "Hosts" file of known bad sites. This prevented you from visiting one of them.
Have been using it for years, but entries in the Hosts file will cause the browser to see http 404 if a server is on the pc or Not Available if not, so logging these would not occur at all.

It is a problem
If you think you're infected, you should start a thread in "Malware and Virus Removal Help". Those guys use a variety of scans, and know immediately how to interpret them.

Even with that said, I still wouldn't use the MWB, as my only line of defense.. My strategy is Firefox, "NoScript, and an active anti-virus program. Many free anti-malware programs are passive. In other words, you have to get the infection, before they can tell you it's there. The paid versions are active, and can stop infections..

So, if you think you have an issue, go ye forth here: https://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/

Back