Connection issues with Belkin Wireless Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milky_Joe

Hi, I have recently experinced some issues with my network were for no obvious reason i have been unable to access the internet on either of the 2 pcs connected this network( they are both running XP).

I have since managed to factory reset the Belkin router (Model F5D7632-4)and after disabling Zonealarm secruity suite on 1 of the PC's i have been able to connect it back to the network and gain access to the internet. However i can not get the second PC to connect back to the internet. I can see this machines ip address in the Router configuartion page and the PC itself seems to connect to the network since it has a ip adddress and other details.

I have tried disabeling firewalls and other software to see if this was interfering with the connection but it doesnt seem to have helped. Also i have tried typing ipconfig in the cmd prompt but i get an error message 'IPCONFIG is not recognized as an internal or external command'

I am really stuck as to what to try next so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

I have followed the steps in the link. It seemed that my ipconfig.exe was missing but i copied it from another xp pc and the commands ran. But i am still unable to connect to the internet and browse on that PC. Someone did point out that skype was connecting which seems odd. Can i provide any other details that may help?

since i last posted i decided to fully uninstall AVG 8.0 from the PC and this seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Thanks for the help

Hmm. I can see that, AVG8 has had some recent issues, although now resolved

Try Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back