Unable to connect to e mails and the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestaz

While trying to sort out my other problems about my pc such as auto restarting and games crashing i now have a new problem! i cant get onto the internet nor can i read my e-mails! when i try windows messenger i get the troubleshoot screen and when i repair its stops at the default gateway and thats all i can do as i cant get on the web to find out how to cure the problem! when i try the web i get a grey screen with `web page not found` ive tried google, internet expolere and firefox! but i cant get on the net ive tried to re boot the modem that does nothing to help? ive tried to send my comp a few days prior to the system stopping but that didnt work either? now i have 3 problems on this pc and its not looking good! but need to find out how to get back onto the web etc then i need a realy good security program as i think i have a rustock virus and malware! ive got avg at moment but only the basic free download please help!!!!

I tried to do the above commands flushdns & registerdns worked, both netsh were not reconised, and ipconfig release and renew both said `failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this opp`i restarted my comp and just thought i would try but still web search or messenger? My web search comes up with http://g.msn.com/5meen_ms/178 then says browser couldnt find the host server for the address, not sure if my browser setting have changed for some reason?

I done the device manager and it gave me a list of everything on my pc i noticed that everything on it seemed to be working ok not sure if thats what im looking for? i done the reset too but it still says it cant connect to web and i cant get past the default gateway on the messenger log in! i couldnt get to the internet options via the tools menu so had to enter control panel and get into it that way.

Also turn off any Personal firewalls, or live protection programs
Actually go as far as uninstalling these programs

You could also provide an IPCONFIG text file as an attachment too

Start --> Run--> cmd /c ipconfig /all >Desktop\ipconfig.txt < ok>

And post the ipconfig.txt (on your Desktop) as an attachment here

Thank you so much!

My computer which was connected to my wireless router said it was connected to the internet but it wasnt accessing the internet. After i followed these prompts iand restarted my computer it started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back