TechSpot

Convert 1700 song aac music library to quality sounding mp3?

By flamer2204
Jul 15, 2005
  1. hi i was wondering what would be the best way to do this?
    what software should i use? is there any quick way?

thanks

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,197   +420

Try using Foobar2000 for any mass changes. It's a great audio tool and we've even started a guide here on Techspot. Check it out here: http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/foobar/
    It's just getting started but I'm sure it'll be growing soon.

3. baya

baya TS Rookie

why not try NoteBurner? I have used for a long time and have much fun with it.

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Why would you want to convert a "library" to another lossy sound format? You will lose quality no matter what when you convert to MP3.

You should have used a lossless format from the beginning and now your best choices are either to leave it as it is on convert to a lossless format.

All depends on your sense of "quality" of course.. Some people think that 128kbps is great :rolleyes:

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,687   +394

Adobe Audition is amazing with batch processes, converting file types would take about 10 seconds to set up, then you could start it and walk away.

But then again I imagine if you had Audition you wouldn't be asking this question.

6. Nodsu

GX Transcoder is a free utility to convert between a lot of multimedia formats.
    I still think that MP3 is a bad "library" target. Use a lossless format for the "archive" and connvert to MP3 or whatever as needed.

7. flamer2204

flamer2204 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

watever mate this thread is 2 years old lol

8. Nodsu

Oh, it is.. :blush:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.