TechSpot

Convert 1700 song aac music library to quality sounding mp3?

By flamer2204
Jul 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi i was wondering what would be the best way to do this?
    what software should i use? is there any quick way?

thanks

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,315   +266

Try using Foobar2000 for any mass changes. It's a great audio tool and we've even started a guide here on Techspot. Check it out here: http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/foobar/
    It's just getting started but I'm sure it'll be growing soon.

3. baya

baya TS Rookie

why not try NoteBurner? I have used for a long time and have much fun with it.

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Why would you want to convert a "library" to another lossy sound format? You will lose quality no matter what when you convert to MP3.

You should have used a lossless format from the beginning and now your best choices are either to leave it as it is on convert to a lossless format.

All depends on your sense of "quality" of course.. Some people think that 128kbps is great :rolleyes:

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,551   +301

Adobe Audition is amazing with batch processes, converting file types would take about 10 seconds to set up, then you could start it and walk away.

But then again I imagine if you had Audition you wouldn't be asking this question.

6. Nodsu

GX Transcoder is a free utility to convert between a lot of multimedia formats.
    I still think that MP3 is a bad "library" target. Use a lossless format for the "archive" and connvert to MP3 or whatever as needed.

7. flamer2204

flamer2204 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 36

watever mate this thread is 2 years old lol

8. Nodsu

Oh, it is.. :blush:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.