TechSpot

Cooler Master launches QuickFire Stealth mechanical keyboard

By Shawn Knight
Apr 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Mechanical keyboards have found significant headway in recent years partially as a throwback to similar boards that were popular several years ago. While there’s nothing technically wrong with membrane-style boards in use by many today, there are a growing number...

Read more

2. Ravik

Ravik TS Rookie Posts: 44   +8

For gaming purposes...this keyboard would be just fine. But it would be utterly useless in terms of doing day-to-day business work. Having a numerical keypad is a *must* for performing any kind of number entry for me. I have found it almost unbareable when I have to work on a laptop or tablet that doesn't have one...

But that aside...that looks like a fine keyboard all-in-all! :)

3. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Well it's good that CM lets you choose the switch types, I hope other manufacturers follow suit.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

The reason I hate my laptop is that it doesnt have a numpad. When playing games like Arma, you kind of need one or else you will have to either buy an extension or over ride another key. I wouldnt spend 100 bucks on this and it doesnt have a numpad. I would rather get a Black Widow 2013 tournament edition. Also, I would rather have the letters printer right on instead of on a 90 degree angle.

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,387   +425

Insert my obligatory "how come they don't have ergonomic versions of these" comment. :(

6. Damn it, I just bought on of the regular quickfires with red switches. Great keyboard but yeah I've got a WASD keyboard with a numpad for work.

7. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 376   +43

ergonomic means extremely difficult to get used to and costs more just because it uses the word ergonomic in the advertising.

8. A look another keyboard with the same amount of keys as every other one has. this time we decided to put the labels on the front of the keys instead of on top of them though. a ****ing stupid waste of money lol wow.

9. I like all these non mechanical KB users replies.

You do realize that characters being printed on the side of a key means that it will not wear out as fast as top printed lettering.

You also do not need a numpad for gaming...most games that is.

That is a good looking KB tho...for a CM.

I'll stick with my Filco tenkeyless.

10. yorro

yorro TS Enthusiast Posts: 246

Is that a wireless mechanical keyboard I am seeing?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.