TechSpot

Cooler Master launches tenkeyless mechanical gaming keyboard

By Matthew
Oct 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The market has been bombarded by gaming-oriented mechanical keyboards over the last year and Cooler Master has joined the fray with its Storm QuickFire Rapid. Unlike most full-sized entries by…

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

Hmmm...if only there were an ergonomic version. ;)

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

I don't like tenkeyless keyboards; I find myself relying on those numbers more than I'd want. They make great cases too, I wonder if they make other keyboards?

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

I play way too much Garrysmod to give up my numpad. No thanks cooler master.

5. Likewise, I use the numpad when buying equipment in Counter-Strike: Source.

Not to mention, entering numbers using the horizontally aligned numbers for any kind of number-input feels extremely unnatural to me.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,918   +685

I use the 0, 1 & 4 numbers when playing most FPS's as i'm a lefty so use the arrow keys. This would be completely un-useable for me. Although I do have a Cooler Master Cosmos S case :) Love it to bits!

7. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,256   +222

Looks nice and strong aka good build quality. That said as few others have mentioned, no NUM pad BIIIGG - and i mean BIG!

8. Guess what, if you use a numpad regularly then a tenkeyless is not for you. Obviously there's a demand for them though, since various keyboard manufactures have been selling them for years now.