TechSpot

Cooler Master launches tenkeyless mechanical gaming keyboard

By Matthew
Oct 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The market has been bombarded by gaming-oriented mechanical keyboards over the last year and Cooler Master has joined the fray with its Storm QuickFire Rapid. Unlike most full-sized entries by…

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Hmmm...if only there were an ergonomic version. ;)

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I don't like tenkeyless keyboards; I find myself relying on those numbers more than I'd want. They make great cases too, I wonder if they make other keyboards?

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

I play way too much Garrysmod to give up my numpad. No thanks cooler master.

5. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

Likewise, I use the numpad when buying equipment in Counter-Strike: Source.

Not to mention, entering numbers using the horizontally aligned numbers for any kind of number-input feels extremely unnatural to me.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

I use the 0, 1 & 4 numbers when playing most FPS's as i'm a lefty so use the arrow keys. This would be completely un-useable for me. Although I do have a Cooler Master Cosmos S case :) Love it to bits!

7. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 973   +99

Looks nice and strong aka good build quality. That said as few others have mentioned, no NUM pad BIIIGG - and i mean BIG!

8. Guess what, if you use a numpad regularly then a tenkeyless is not for you. Obviously there's a demand for them though, since various keyboard manufactures have been selling them for years now.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.