Cooler Master reveals 25th Anniversary Edition Cosmos II PC case

midian182

Staff member

When it comes to enthusiast PC cases, you’re spoilt for choice. We still rate the be quite! Dark Base Pro 900 as our favorite, but products from Corsair and Phanteks aren’t far behind. Another high-end case to make our list is Cooler Master’s Cosmos II, which is now getting a revamped 25th Anniversary Edition that comes with some new features.

To celebrate the fact that the Taiwan-based component manufacturer has been around since 1992, it’s updating the Cosmos II with something fans have long asked for: windowed side panels.

Cooler Master has listened to pleas and responded with a version of its famous case that includes two curved, tempered glass side panels that can unlock and swing open, much like the doors on a luxury car. The company claims these are the first of their kind.

"Innovation is Cooler Master's legacy, brought to life once more with these massive tempered glass panels, the first of their kind. These beautifully crafted panels blend seamlessly with the sophisticated contours of the case and give a smooth look inside the case to show off your build," Cooler Master said.

The 25th Anniversary Edition also comes with an updated design that boasts two distinctive brushed aluminum handles and a soft brushed aluminum sheen on the front and top panels. You also get an Advanced Control Panel that can be accessed by sliding back the top panel cover, and a stack of hot-swappable drive bays hidden behind the front slide panel.

While many high-end cases are filled with RGB lighting, Cooler Master has stuck with just blue for its 200mm front LED fan and magnetic strip light.

If you already own a Cosmos II and long for the Anniversary Edition’s side panels but don’t want to buy the new case, Cooler Master has you covered. It will be offering just the doors, which can be attached to the older case, as a separate product sometime in Q3, though there’s no word on the price.

The Cosmos II Anniversary Edition is coming to Europe at the end of June and costs 349 Euros. The company hasn’t said when it’ll arrive in the US, or how much it will be, but a direct conversion works out at around $390.

Permalink to story.

I'm sure it'll appeal to someone, but in the era of fast single dGPU's, Mini-ITX boards, efficient 14nm components, physically shrinking storage (3.5" -> 2.5" -> M2), I'm done with giant oversized 25kg EATX behemoths, even without the completely silly price tag "because tempered glass bandwagon fad".

That picture of it with the side panels open, reminds me of a Kruger coffee machine.

I'm curious on how much it weights.

Also, being that the panels are tempered glass, hopefully the edges are protected with something. I can't really tell with the pictures.

I have the Cosmos 2 and I love it! I will get this one, if they release a black version.

Hope they will make a smaller version of this. I remember my first time seeing the first Cosmos and really fell in love with it but was super heavy.

I like more Lian Li cases when we talk about those behemoth EATX beasts... More subtle.
Would like something closer on resamblance to this in an mATX mid tower, or even better, an mITX... My rigs are all mITX since 2013. I`m using an RVZ02 from Silverstone and I'm pretty happy with it, taking out the fact that AMD can't give me an mITX board so I can jump to the Ryzen side... Still it's good, so when AM4 mitx boards come out, they will be more mature.

I absolutely love the aesthetics of that case. Now when they go back to crummy acrylic side windows, and price it about the same as their "Storm Scout", ($100.00), I'll be at the head of the line for one.

I like more Lian Li cases when we talk about those behemoth EATX beasts... More subtle.
Would like something closer on resamblance to this in an mATX mid tower, or even better, an mITX... My rigs are all mITX since 2013. I`m using an RVZ02 from Silverstone and I'm pretty happy with it, taking out the fact that AMD can't give me an mITX board so I can jump to the Ryzen side... Still it's good, so when AM4 mitx boards come out, they will be more mature.
Really, this is an article about a case. Couldn't you have spared us the Ryzen blather?

As for Lian Li:
v1000280.jpg
Sweet, I'll take two...:p

I absolutely love the aesthetics of that case. Now when they go back to crummy acrylic side windows, and price it about the same as their "Storm Scout", ($100.00), I'll be at the head of the line for one.

Really, this is an article about a case. Couldn't you have spared us the Ryzen blather?

As for Lian Li:
v1000280.jpg
Sweet, I'll take two...:p

You are right on the AMD debacle... but lian li, I dont think so:
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o11/

You are right on the AMD debacle... but lian li, I dont think so:
Well, I'm not disputing Lian Li quality at all. Still, the case you linked, tempered glass or not, is still a box. At least heretofore, Lian Li has offered even less in the way of styling, opting more for a "this will last forever in your IT of imaging labs" approach to looks.

I very much like the sweeping curves of CM's "Cosmos" offering.

Taste is always going to be wildly subjective. For example, a great many of the current cases offered as "gaming", are far too gaudy to be even allowed in my house. I usually look at at case which has eye popping styling and ask myself two questions, "how much functionality has been sacrificed for styling, and how soon am I going to be sick of looking at it", before making a decision.

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot the 3rd, most important question, "how much does it cost, and when is it going to be on sale". ;)

Back