Core 2 quad problem

By vray
Jul 1, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello,

i have a core 2 quad 9400 processor but it seems that im not satisfied with the frequency speed. i installed the driver but still im not satisfied. i there a way to make it go faster without overclocking the processor? are there any upgrades available on the net to make go faster. the reason why i noticed the speed of my processor is i am using 3d max software. i render a 3d model in core 2 duo and compared it on my core 2 quad and i noticed that it renders more faster in core 2 duo that it is in my core 2 quad which is very odd that why i assumed there's something wrong.

can anyone give me advice regarding this problem?
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Common problem. The speed differences with Core 2 Quad have been reported many times on this site. I don't recall anyone coming up with comforting information about what to do or where to go.
  3. vray

vray Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

how unfortunate... i hope someone could give me a good solution with this... im using 3dmax and it the performance of the quad is a little awful... although it renders but a little slower than the core 2 duo im using in the office... i hope this issue will be solved soon
  4. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,241   +125

Send an email to the manufacturer, Or check online for any patches that support multi threading.
  5. vray

vray Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks i will do what you told me to do
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.